There are newer employer reviews for Oakwood Worldwide

The place is going downhill fast

Current Employee - Client Service Representative  in  Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Oakwood Worldwide full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people
Flexible schedule
Awesome ongoing training
Good location

Cons

Team leads have no idea what are they doing.
Management is lazy

Listen to your employee's, stop loading people with too much work.

49 Other Employee Reviews for Oakwood Worldwide (View Most Recent)

It was an interesting adventure, lots of ups and lots of downs.

I worked at Oakwood Worldwide full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I worked for Oakwood for almost 10 years in varying roles. Longest position I had was as a National Account Coordinator for 7 years. I truly loved working at Oakwood minus my final year. I learned a great deal during my tenure. Met some amazing people who's teachings I will take with me for the rest of my career. The training program is excellent. Corporate Housing is a difficult business and there are a lot of moving parts. The business model is set up for success. Or was at one time.

I was truly passionate about the work I did and believed in the product and the people.

Cons

During the past year (2012) the company completely changed directions with little to no communication. A new company was acquired and it seemed as though the company changed overnight. Which is to be expected, however, the lack of communication is key. Prior to my job being eliminated (which was a mind blowing by both myself, upper management and clients), the communication disappeared, I received little to no support from my own manager much less District and Regional Managers. The most frustrating part was there was no communication! I was continuously being told "It is what it is". Clients suffered as well. After years of expecting the level of service that they deserved, they were told as well "It is what it is". Unbelievable.

Also, as a long term employee my voice was no longer heard. Upper management has never been in the shoes of the field associates yet they were making decisions that made no business sense nor would they accept any type of suggestions from those that were the voice of the customer. The final year was very frustrating. My lay off was a blessing in disguise.

COMMUNICATE!

Listen to your employees. It's their company too.

Just an OK experience with little growth

I worked at Oakwood Worldwide full-time

Pros

great salary after a few years there
    not a lot of work expected from you

Cons

little in the way of learning new things

There are newer employer reviews for Oakwood Worldwide

Worked for Oakwood Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!