Oblong Industries

www.oblong.com

Great company to work for, except for the CEO

Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsOblong really cares about its employees - initially they served lunch 3 days a week, provided health insurance and paid into an HSA to counter the high deductible. Everyone was great...except the CEO who should not have been in that position.

ConsThe CEO rules with an iron fist, and is passive aggressive at the same time. He is not responsive to suggestions or negotiation when he disagrees, and marginalizes employees that he disagrees with.
He is not open to listening or allowing others to manage in a productive way. This aspect of the company is the one thing that has driven it into the ground.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your employees do what they were hired to do in a democratic way. Ruling by marginalizing extremely talented people is destructive and destroys morale and performance.

Fun work environment; fast-paced, interesting, and challenging projects; gaining momentum

Engineer (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Oblong Industries full-time for more than a year

Pros: * An incredible culture that empowers individuals to make an impact on the company and to seek out ways to improve both the day-to-day business… Cons: * Slow to form a complete management team but has course corrected and now has a capable and focused team in place. CEO change… Advice to Senior Management: * Keep improving communication and company structure. * Stay focused on… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

great culture, very ambitious environment, fun work

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Oblong Industries full-time for more than a year

Pros: company culture and founders are great. the projects are very… Cons: ambition comes with risk but the company has an improving leadership… Advice to Senior Management: improve the organization structure, focus efforts in one direction Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Oblong Industries.

Worked for Oblong Industries? Contribute to the Community!