Occidental Petroleum
www.oxy.com Los Angeles, CA 5000+ Employees

Great place to work for, but needs to restructure salary levels

HES Specialist (Former Employee)
Bakersfield, CA

I worked at Occidental Petroleum

Pros9/80 work schedule is great and they are good at rewarding their employees with time off and company get togethers. The managers are easy to get along with and will generally help you out with things. There are lots of benefits that you recieve from the contractors. One great incentive is that you start off with 3 weeks vacation and work your way up from there. They reward you when they do well.

ConsPay is not comparable with others and they don't seem to be doing anything to correct that issue. Advancement in your career field is limited by who your upper management is.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease employee's salary

Diverse Company

I have been working at Occidental Petroleum full-time

Pros: benefits are good but need to compensate more on employees… Cons: Too much office politics and not enough perks More

Well, nepotism. Plus zero technical work.

I have been working at Occidental Petroleum full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Oxy somehow does manage to get a decent handful of… Cons: Oxy management does not think that technical work is meaningless, just that it doesn't matter. The company is run like it's still the… Advice to Senior Management: Clean house in upper management, the board, and the CEO. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Occidental Petroleum.

Worked for Occidental Petroleum? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Occidental Petroleum reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Occidental Petroleum CEO Stephen I. Chazen. All reviews posted anonymously by Occidental Petroleum employees.