Occidental Petroleum
www.oxy.com Los Angeles, CA 5000+ Employees

Great experience, really allowed me to get my foot in the door within the industry.

Bakersfield, CA

ProsWonderful team atmosphere to keep employees motivated about the difference they are making both at home and in the work place. Pretty good benefits and flexible hours for specific positions. As an engineer, amazing pay and position within the company.

ConsAs an analyst, you may be under paid and under utilizedaccording to industry standards (i.e Chevron and the like).

Advice to Senior ManagementOccidental has a wonderful management team. Management should be more aware of their employees skills and abilities, as others feel they could offer more to the company if given the opportunity.

Great company for domestic work

Geologist (Current Employee)
    Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Occidental Petroleum

Pros: Very flat organization. If you have a good idea, it is executed very quickly. Management generally allows you to do your work without unnecessary oversight...they… Cons: Currently understaffed, so we are all very busy. Sometimes upper management seems to reverse course very quickly. Oxy is known for layoffs. A couple of… Advice to Senior Management: Avoid massive layoffs in the future. Although there is a genuine labor shortage currently, part of Oxy's difficulties in meeting… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Glad it's a place I used to work

IT Consultant (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

I worked at Occidental Petroleum

Pros: Plenty of work; variety is available Cons: Too much work; little or no appreciation for a job well done. Pigeon-holing… Advice to Senior Management: Stop moving managers around like chess pawns. Listen to all… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Occidental Petroleum.

Worked for Occidental Petroleum? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Occidental Petroleum reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Occidental Petroleum CEO Stephen I. Chazen. All reviews posted anonymously by Occidental Petroleum employees.