Occidental Petroleum
www.oxy.com Los Angeles, CA 5000+ Employees

Occidental is a great workplace environment and conducive for career advancement.

GeoTech (Former Employee)
McAllen, TX

ProsGreat workplace environment, smart and able employees and managers. Upper level managment has understanding of geologic and engineering issues making communication easy. Very personable people to work with.

ConsCommunication between field office and main office in Houston was slow sometimes. Occasionally took a day or two to receive further instruction after finishing specified assignment.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to advance employees with science backgrounds and understanding of the science behind drilling.

company in need of serious new direction

Engineer (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

I have been working at Occidental Petroleum full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: good hard working employees, 9/80 schedule, few good managers,… Cons: very young management lacking direction for the business units, promotions based on favourites, management thinks… Advice to Senior Management: take a deeper look at who is running business units,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Very happy at Oxy

Group Leader (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

I have been working at Occidental Petroleum full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: I participate annually in the Houston Chronicle's Top 100 Workplace Survey and those results speak for themselves - currently… Cons: I have seen people not adjust well to Oxy's culture.… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to grow your presence in Houston. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Occidental Petroleum.

Worked for Occidental Petroleum? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Occidental Petroleum reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Occidental Petroleum CEO Stephen I. Chazen. All reviews posted anonymously by Occidental Petroleum employees.