Occidental Petroleum
www.oxy.com Los Angeles, CA 5000+ Employees

Great Engineering Company

Reservoir Engineer (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Occidental Petroleum full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat employees, reasonable bosses that care about employees and try to grow their potential. Aggressive company allows new employees to gain experience at a very rapid rate.

ConsReserves has become an endless array of PowerPoint documentations and spreadsheets. It takes away valuable time with doing what's really important, which is finding more oil/gas. Also, hard to take vacation given such a heavy workload/responsibilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry not too ask employees to run every scenario/case that you can think of...we only have so many hours in the day. Also, we need time to take vacation- at least 2 wks a year.

Very happy at Oxy

Group Leader (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Occidental Petroleum full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: I participate annually in the Houston Chronicle's Top 100 Workplace Survey and those results speak for themselves - currently… Cons: I have seen people not adjust well to Oxy's culture.… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to grow your presence in Houston. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A company selective in who they treat with dignity and respect

Engineer (Former Employee)
Bakersfield, CA

I worked at Occidental Petroleum full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Some benefits - short vesting period for retirement account. Good relocation package if… Cons: Some upper management are oblivious to the negative culture and reputation that the company has, which shows a complete lack of leadership. An ‘employer of… Advice to Senior Management: Look at the high turnover of employees as a reflection… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Occidental Petroleum.

Worked for Occidental Petroleum? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Occidental Petroleum reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Occidental Petroleum CEO Stephen I. Chazen. All reviews posted anonymously by Occidental Petroleum employees.