Occidental Petroleum
www.oxy.com Los Angeles, CA 5000+ Employees

Great Engineering Company

Reservoir Engineer (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

ProsGreat employees, reasonable bosses that care about employees and try to grow their potential. Aggressive company allows new employees to gain experience at a very rapid rate.

ConsReserves has become an endless array of PowerPoint documentations and spreadsheets. It takes away valuable time with doing what's really important, which is finding more oil/gas. Also, hard to take vacation given such a heavy workload/responsibilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry not too ask employees to run every scenario/case that you can think of...we only have so many hours in the day. Also, we need time to take vacation- at least 2 wks a year.

A company selective in who they treat with dignity and respect

Engineer (Former Employee)
    Bakersfield, CA

I worked at Occidental Petroleum full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Some benefits - short vesting period for retirement account. Good relocation package if… Cons: Some upper management are oblivious to the negative culture and reputation that the company has, which shows a complete lack of leadership. An ‘employer of… Advice to Senior Management: Look at the high turnover of employees as a reflection… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Occidental is a great workplace environment and conducive for career advancement.

GeoTech (Former Employee)
    McAllen, TX

I worked at Occidental Petroleum as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Great workplace environment, smart and able employees and managers. Upper level managment has understanding… Cons: Communication between field office and main office in Houston was slow sometimes. Occasionally… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to advance employees with science backgrounds and understanding of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Occidental Petroleum.

Worked for Occidental Petroleum? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Occidental Petroleum reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Occidental Petroleum CEO Stephen I. Chazen. All reviews posted anonymously by Occidental Petroleum employees.