Occidental Petroleum
www.oxy.com Los Angeles, CA 5000+ Employees

Financial analyst with technical background.

I have been working at Occidental Petroleum

ProsCash flow focus in a mature industry. Willing to take financial risks to achieve objectives. Has opportunity for early-career professionals due to demographics.

ConsWeak technically. Little interest or priority given to distributing knowledge. Does not walk the talk with regards to building competency.

Advice to Senior ManagementManage people, not just look up to see what your boss wants. Think beyond your own personal goals to build a company that can sustain and grow capability.

Great company ! Very traditional !

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Occidental Petroleum

Pros: Excellent compensation and benefits package. Cons: Technologically behind (software, wireless devices). Advice to Senior Management: provide more regular communication Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good company, a lot of work!

Intern Student (Former Employee)
Arauca, Arauca (Colombia)

I worked at Occidental Petroleum

Pros: Very good company, good salary for an intership. Very good… Cons: Depending on the area, too much work or not. You have… Advice to Senior Management: They should use the people they have available, and give… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Occidental Petroleum.

Worked for Occidental Petroleum? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Occidental Petroleum reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Occidental Petroleum CEO Stephen I. Chazen. All reviews posted anonymously by Occidental Petroleum employees.