Ocean Media
www.oceanmediainc.com Huntington Beach, CA 50 to 149 Employees

Great company, great co-workers, great atmosphere.

Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at Ocean Media

ProsGreat inter-departmental support
Laid back, comfortable environment (employees can wear shirts, jeans, and flip-flops to work)
Lots of perks (gym; daily lunches; chips and beverages available in the kitchen; summer half-day Friday's, Dodgers and Lakers tickets; quarterly company events)
Great health benefits package
Paid time off for doctors appointments
Senior Management frowns at too much overtime put in by employees
The number of employees and clients have doubled within the last couple years.

ConsSometimes there is lack of communication among departments
If you're not in the Media department, you are not part of the "IN" crowd (they get more praises and attention than any other department, as well as from networks)
No 401K contribution plan or any other form of retirement plan
There are a lot of cliques
Some employees don't receive the recognition or appreciation they deserve (a lot of nepitism and preferential treatment in the company)

Advice to Senior ManagementYou definitely know how to keep your employees happy and content. Kudos to you on that!

Breath of Fresh Air

Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at Ocean Media full-time for more than a year

Pros: As anyone who has spent time in the advertising industry knows, the way the agencies usually work is they work you to the bone -… Cons: Like any agency, clients can sometimes be a challenge. Also, the constant availability of food, soft… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to expand the agency's offerings in new directions. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Generally Positive

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Ocean Media

Pros: This is generally a good place to work, typical of many ad agencies: friendly, fun people; laid-back (but professional) culture.… Cons: They have a core strength, but other parts of the organization are much weaker - to the point of it being an issue. The business… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Ocean Media.

Worked for Ocean Media? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ocean Media reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ocean Media CEO Mike Robertson. All reviews posted anonymously by Ocean Media employees.