Ocean Reef Club

www.oceanreef.com
  www.oceanreef.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ocean Reef Club

They work you hard, pay you moderately but the perks are amazing

Former Employee - Member Billing Agent
Former Employee - Member Billing Agent

I worked at Ocean Reef Club

Pros

Great opportunity to do side jobs and under the table babysitting, house sitting, pet sitting.
Employee Pool
Cafeteria
Volleyball
Employee Recognition Programs
Beautiful Multi-million dollar views

Cons

The Club members treat you terrible. They are filthy rich and snotty and they think that they pay their membership dues so that they can treat the help like second class citizens.
Most paychecks go back to the club in laundry fees, high rent and lack of discounts in on-property retailers such as groceries

Management did a great job of accommodating me and my schedule but they have to get out of the mentality that the things that they offer to us are a favor and not something that we have earned by being loyal and hardworking.

5 Other Employee Reviews for Ocean Reef Club (View Most Recent)

Interesting work, pays well, stressful.

Former Employee - Server in Key Largo, FL
    Former Employee - Server in Key Largo, FL

I worked at Ocean Reef Club full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work with best-in-industry professionals. Work with high-profile clientele. Serving in Palm Court / Islander paid very well.

Cons

High stress situations a norm with high profile clientele.

Ocean Reef Club truly is a unique way of life....

Former Employee - IT Project Manager/Manager of IT Department in Key Largo, FL
    Former Employee - IT Project Manager/Manager of IT Department in Key Largo, FL

I worked at Ocean Reef Club full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

ORC has a vast array of employment opportunities. Everything from entry level to the highest level professional roles. The pay is commissary with the positions and there is growth potential in most departments and areas

Cons

This is a very political environment. It is necessary to tread lightly within an organization like this as there are so many views and agendas by middle to upper management and a board of directions that changes every 18 months along with the clubs direction due to the change.

ORC talks about the "bottom up" management culture and "Coach and Council" to set people up for success. This is not necessarily the case. It would be in ORC best interest if the culture and its action plan matched to reality of the situation. There is some amazing staff and skill sets at ORC. Let them do their job and they will take this organization to a whole new level.

There are newer employer reviews for Ocean Reef Club