www.oceanspray.com
  www.oceanspray.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ocean Spray

A great company of dedicated people who really pull together to get the job done on time and on cost.

I worked at Ocean Spray full-time

Pros

The people, the culture of getting it done together, the way they make everything work. What a beautiful work environment, nothing like it I have ever seen. They are really an amazing group, and a nice and very effective group of dedicated professionals.

Feel very very luck if you have the opportunity to work at Ocean Spray. Certain areas have excellent engagement throughout their departments, and outstanding performance and morale - others less so, although they are working on this aspect of the organizational structure. Major focus on diversity throughout the company, work life balance and communication.

You can make a difference at Ocean Spray, but you will have to be loaded with energy, positive behavior, and dedication to make the team win together. They do not accept finger pointing or negative attacks, but rather expect to learn and improve - they retain a large number of employees for decades. They demand a can do and get it done attitude across the board.

A brand name you can be very proud of, built by grower owners, and hard working professionals with a great deal of pride.

Cons

A tough business model considering the ever present demands of being a cooperative - promising a profit level to grower owners and having to meet the profit marks, in spite of marketplace changes in sales, materials, energy, etc.

45 Other Employee Reviews for Ocean Spray (View Most Recent)

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tomah, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tomah, WI

I have been working at Ocean Spray full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The compensation is good and the vacation benefits are really good. Personal growth in the company seems to be on the rise. I have felt that I would never get the chance to advance with the company until of late. In the last 6 months they have really grown in this area.

Cons

I feel that communication has some room for improvement. I feel like some times things are kept from us until last minute and then everyone is up in arms.

Listen to your employees.

Conservative Culture

I worked at Ocean Spray full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

some good people who want to do a great job

Cons

silo'd departments, tactical (poor) middle management, task-oriented risk adverse workers, upper management who are sub-par in leading and make decisions based on opinion, not fact.

Weed out Sr Mgrs and Directors who can not develop organizations or lead people. Encourage (reward) workers for taking risks to improve the business. Accept failure a part of business and highlight it to learn from mistakes. Drive to single ownership of teams for clear accountability.

There are newer employer reviews for Ocean Spray