Ocean Tomo
www.oceantomo.com Chicago, IL 50 to 149 Employees

Analysts/entry-level job candidates, stay clear of Ocean Tomo

Analyst (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

ProsHigh expectations for quality of work product.

ConsLong hours, poor communication, lack of leadership, negative environment, limited training and team collaboration, endless hours performing "mindless" work (example: searching for specific information from boxes and boxes of documents), limited engagement, very isolated environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company may advertise family values (listed below), but its senior managers should act more to demonstrate these values on an every-day basis.

"We value quality, integrity and honesty.

Ocean Tomo is a united family - we work together to help each other.

We are responsible to our investors, our management partners and employees, and ourselves. We do not stray from our investment thesis or our values.

Every activity in which we participate should yield a return through goodwill or new direct or indirect opportunities.

We are respectful of the firm's heritage to which we are custodian - every person we meet should be impressed by our professionalism and values.

Criticism must be constructive; family criticism must be private.

Time is our most valued commodity - any potential client we meet or transaction we consider should be of high quality and relevant to our Mission and investment thesis.

Under-promise and over-deliver; aim high but don't overstate.

We work hard in a smart and efficient way remembering the importance of balance in our life.

Our effort is 110% - anticipate your expected contribution and then outperform."

Took awhile, but I finally found my "this is it!" company

Associate (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ocean Tomo full-time for more than a year

Pros: Cutting edge in its field. I have learned a lot here in less than 2 years. The people here are the best. … Cons: Almost too much socializing. We go out monthly, have semi-annual all-company get-togethers, and there are the random "let's everyone grab something at the bar"… Advice to Senior Management: Management should promote their family-friendly attitude more. They have great family policies but downplay them (I almost did not accept the job because I… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great people, space, and work. I really enjoy it here.

Expert Testimony Analyst (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ocean Tomo full-time for more than a year

Pros: Smart, fun, and helpful coworkers. I love the people here. Management appears to really care about us.… Cons: Work can be erratic at times, with some unplanned late nights. While I understand this can happen… Advice to Senior Management: It would be good to have monthly outings, instead of only having "fun" nights every other… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Ocean Tomo.

Worked for Ocean Tomo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ocean Tomo reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ocean Tomo CEO Andrew W. Carter. All reviews posted anonymously by Ocean Tomo employees.