Ocean Tomo

www.oceantomo.com

Analysts/entry-level job candidates, stay clear of Ocean Tomo

Former Employee - Analyst  in  San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Analyst in San Francisco, CA

Pros

High expectations for quality of work product.

Cons

Long hours, poor communication, lack of leadership, negative environment, limited training and team collaboration, endless hours performing "mindless" work (example: searching for specific information from boxes and boxes of documents), limited engagement, very isolated environment.

The company may advertise family values (listed below), but its senior managers should act more to demonstrate these values on an every-day basis.

"We value quality, integrity and honesty.

Ocean Tomo is a united family - we work together to help each other.

We are responsible to our investors, our management partners and employees, and ourselves. We do not stray from our investment thesis or our values.

Every activity in which we participate should yield a return through goodwill or new direct or indirect opportunities.

We are respectful of the firm's heritage to which we are custodian - every person we meet should be impressed by our professionalism and values.

Criticism must be constructive; family criticism must be private.

Time is our most valued commodity - any potential client we meet or transaction we consider should be of high quality and relevant to our Mission and investment thesis.

Under-promise and over-deliver; aim high but don't overstate.

We work hard in a smart and efficient way remembering the importance of balance in our life.

Our effort is 110% - anticipate your expected contribution and then outperform."

Other reviews for Ocean Tomo

Took awhile, but I finally found my "this is it!" company

Current Employee - Associate  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Associate in Chicago, IL

Pros

Cutting edge in its field. I have learned a lot here in less than 2 years. The people here are the best. Everyone is willing to help and I learn from them every day. The work environment is very flexible, which makes it great for working mothers. The Chicago and SF offices are very nice (I have not been to the Houston office yet). And, while this may seem small, they pretty much pay for my cell phone. It's nice little gestures like that that really show they care.

Cons

Almost too much socializing. We go out monthly, have semi-annual all-company get-togethers, and there are the random "let's everyone grab something at the bar" nights. Last year I couldn't make it to everything (missed the Cubs rooftop and Whirlyball nights). Would be nice if they we got to vote on what nights the monthly outings are so I don't miss things.

Management should promote their family-friendly attitude more. They have great family policies but downplay them (I almost did not accept the job because I didn't know about the flex time). I pretty much work 4 days a week, which in consulting is unheard of. In other words, dear bosses, don't be humble... tout what makes your great!

Great people, space, and work. I really enjoy it here.

Current Employee - Expert Testimony Analyst  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Expert Testimony Analyst in Chicago, IL

Pros

Smart, fun, and helpful coworkers. I love the people here. Management appears to really care about us. Great office space. The work is interesting and challenging, and it seems like I frequently learn something new.

Cons

Work can be erratic at times, with some unplanned late nights. While I understand this can happen in consulting, it still can be upsetting when I have to change my personal plans to finish a project.

It would be good to have monthly outings, instead of only having "fun" nights every other month. This would be especially important if we have had to work any late nights.

There are newer employer reviews for Ocean Tomo.

Worked for Ocean Tomo? Contribute to the Community!