There are newer employer reviews for Ocean Tomo

Very good place to work, learn, and make friends.

Former Employee - Associate  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Associate in Chicago, IL

I worked at Ocean Tomo

Pros

Great culture and people. Less like an impersonal business and more like a family working together. They constantly provided me opportunities. I learned a ton while I was there (left to go into a completely different line of work). Good mix of "regular" and "new" projects. Sometimes the hours were long but at least we were all working together.

Cons

They do not match 401k contributions and dental plan is below average. Other than that, things were great for a long time. Unfortunately, early this year things got a bit rough because of the economy and the "non team players" at the company began grumble and cause trouble. Once they left everything was good again though.

I think the best advice I could give would be to tighten recruiting standards so no more "non team players" get back into the firm. A few bad apples can spoil the whole barrel.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Ocean Tomo (View Most Recent)

Director at Ocean Tomo

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Ocean Tomo

Pros

The company has several nice, intelligent, hard-working employees. Work product is thorough and accurate. The company encourages a very innovative culture.

Cons

The hours can be demanding, as some projects can require late nights and weekends. The company has a very small, familial culture and some employees have not enjoyed similar successes and/or opportunities as those who have been around longer.

None.

No clue about business

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at Ocean Tomo

Pros

Relatively diverse workforce. Interesting ideas. Nice offices.

Cons

Too many ideas--no execution. Very political environment, stay away if you are not related to or know someone very well in the firm. Entire view of the management is on creating valuable IP (they have several patents and many pending) not business value--marketing, sales, and operations are not priorities.

Split up the firm into services, products, auction, and investments. Too many conflicts of interest

There are newer employer reviews for Ocean Tomo

Worked for Ocean Tomo? Contribute to the Community!