Oceaneering International

www.oceaneering.com

Great work environment for technically minded

Current Employee - Engineer III (Project Engineer)  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Engineer III (Project Engineer) in Houston, TX

Pros

Fantastic work environment for self-motivated technical people. The Oceaneering culture is condusive to those that are self motivated and driven. There are lots of opportunities for the ambitious.

Cons

The same culture that works for self-motivated individuals does not work as well for those that are not used to blazing their own trail. Be prepared to do the work to learn the culture, the technology, and the industry when you join.

Training has always been Oceaneering's weakness. This is improving somewhat, but most new employees still seem "lost" for the first few months.

Other reviews for Oceaneering International

Family and friends but not fund friendly

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houma, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houma, LA

Pros

The people and the atmosphere

Cons

Lack of pay, lack of promotion

Need mgrs trained to manage

Great experience from a great teaching company that gives great experiences.

Current Employee - Tool Deisigner  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Tool Deisigner in Houston, TX

Pros

I was able to move from Tooling Technician to Tooling designer quickly when I showed interest. I was mentored by a patient and very creative and experienced boss. Benefits are from what I can tell comparable to the best benefits I can get. Great environment and safety is clearly a number one priority that makes me feel great about going to work with what are sometimes otherwaise dangerous conditions.

Cons

When needed you have to work long hours, I see this from all positions. It is not really common, but coming into a deadline, or if there is an "emergency" in the Gulf you might find yourself working long hours to help out. Great for hourly employees like myself that wanted to earn more money, but I feel they shorted the salaried employees a bit with this.

Great open door policy, very receptive to new ideas and feedback. Try to take your teams to lunch more often, thats always a very welcome gesture that strengthens moral.

There are newer employer reviews for Oceaneering International.

Worked for Oceaneering International? Contribute to the Community!