There are newer employer reviews for Oceaneering International

Good learning experience, frustrating long term

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Oceaneering International

Pros

Good people, work is very satisfying and is extremely diverse in what they do. Great way to get a over view of many different facets off the service field.

Cons

Low pay, they pay under the average for people unless you are a good negotiator. Little in the way of raises and very little feedback on what you're doing right/wrong. Never once offered any type of leadership courses and had to go to management for any type discussions about where I saw myself going where I wanted to be in 5 years etc.

Set up quarterly/yearly reviews of your employees and stick to it. Work on morale and have structure and processes that are followed not just rhetoric.

88 Other Employee Reviews for Oceaneering International (View Most Recent)

Lot to learn, place can be unfair at times, all in all good place to start your career.

Current Employee - Senior Project Engineer  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Project Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Oceaneering International

Pros

Great exposure to the market
    Offers a good field experience
    Average salary

Cons

A big employee turn around
    No defined career path
    Broken supply chain management
    Unqualified personnel in different organizations within company

Define a career path for employees
    See through the employees to determine who is talking and who is doing. Reward the one who is doing.
    Try not to let good talent go.
    Do not harbor "yes sirs".

Diving Division is being run into the ground

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Morgan City, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morgan City, LA

I have been working at Oceaneering International

Pros

This review only pertains to the Diving Division.
    A lot interesting work, I ve seen some incredible things offshore with this company.
    Very Safety Oriented and the company is large enough that they can get the proper equipment for the job
    Exposure to a wide variety of jobs, machines, tools and situations

Cons

This review only pertains to the Diving Division.
    We just got a 15% pay cut last October
    Dealing with the front office and operations is a carnival game of smoke and mirrors, they tell you whatever you want to hear to pacify you.
    There is only a few hours notice to go offshore for indeterminate amounts of time(weeks to months)
    58 people quit in the last 6 months so the division is down to a skeleton crew
    There is a huge gap between the highly experience hands and new hires with no relief plan from ops.
    Transportation from the job is constantly late.
    Promotions happen irregularly, there is no incentive to do a good job because no one is ever fired for lack of performance
    Ops is made of ex divers with no formal management training. A degree would do wonders for the front office
    Basically we are underpaid and overworked while management runs the division like a frat house

Quit.
    Do diving a favor and get out of the way so those that care about whats left of this division can resurrect it to its former glory.

There are newer employer reviews for Oceaneering International

Worked for Oceaneering International? Contribute to the Community!