Oceaneering International

www.oceaneering.com
  www.oceaneering.com
There are newer employer reviews for Oceaneering International

Loved working at Oceaneering!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coronado, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coronado, CA

I worked at Oceaneering International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The work is fascinating and the people great.

Cons

Corporate management has a tendency to lag in its responsibilities to divisions.

Division employees are just as important as corporate employees.

95 Other Employee Reviews for Oceaneering International (View Most Recent)

Great Benefits and Training, forget about a life

Current Employee - Offshore E/C Inspector in Houma, LA
    Current Employee - Offshore E/C Inspector in Houma, LA

I have been working at Oceaneering International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They will pay heavily to train you properly. Benefits are comparable to some of the supermajors in the oil industry. Pay is below other competing companies, but that's because the benefits are so much better than theirs.

Cons

If you are young and don't need great medical, you may wish to look somewhere with higher pay to start your offshore career. Any part of the Asset Integrity division (land or offshore) will net you with a low amount of time off. The company comes first in their eyes, and your home and social life absolutely do not matter. If you're a workaholic that wants to make a lot of money and minds never being home, come work for Oceaneering. If you are hoping for a fair schedule, look elsewhere. Being an oilfield service company, the Asset Integrity division is basically on call 24/7. You can go out for 21 days, get a couple days off, get called out for a 4 day job, come back for 4 more, then go back out for another 21 days. Management absolutely does not care if you're ever home or not.

We already work plenty of hours while we're offshore, so maybe you should give us our time off it we want it. If you're understaffed, over-hire a little to be able to cover call-outs. It's supposed to be 14/7 or 21/10 schedule. Your management loves to try and work you 21 days and only give 7 off after that.

Good company... pay is low, which is why most folks leave, but big on safety, training, and good health insurance

I worked at Oceaneering International

Pros

Very ethical company with good safety record & culture.

Cons

Pay is lower than average for industry, and not likely to improve.

There are newer employer reviews for Oceaneering International