Good place to start

Current Employee - ROV Technician  in  Morgan City, LA
Current Employee - ROV Technician in Morgan City, LA

I have been working at Oceaneering International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great training, great benefits, lots of time off compared to most jobs. Can see the world if you want. Ability to move up quick if you do the work.

Cons

They pay is poor compared to most in the industry. While you have time off you are gone for a long period of time away from your family.

Pay the Gulf of Mexico people what the other Oceaneering regions get paid. Half to 1/3 of people working for the same company w/ the same position is unfair. Plus, every other ROV place in the region pays at least double. Yes, other companies want guys w/ experience but after a year or 2 with Oceaneering guys have that and leave for the better pay. Therefore you are constantly training people and the guys that stay are always picking up the slack for the influx of new people. I know Oceaneering has figured out $20K to train someone is made back in a month so its just cheaper to pay small wages and lose them, but it's bad management and will catch up to you when clients get tired of new hires.

Other Reviews for Oceaneering International

Great Environment, work with smart people

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Houston, TX

I have been working at Oceaneering International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Everyone is friendly and easy to work with

Cons

Ugly offices and bad part of town

Looking ahead to the future it looks bright here in Chesapeake but I hear other locals differ. We do shiprepair

Current Employee - Production Planner/Tech Writer  in  Chesapeake, VA
    Current Employee - Production Planner/Tech Writer in Chesapeake, VA

Pros

MGT has the pulse of what everyone is doing and needs to be successful

Cons

Crazy over time but the pay is great

There are newer employer reviews for Oceaneering International.

Worked for Oceaneering International? Contribute to the Community!