Oceaneering International

www.oceaneering.com
  www.oceaneering.com
There are newer employer reviews for Oceaneering International

Extraordinary mid-sized oil & gas services company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Oceaneering International

Pros

diversity of work; best in business

Cons

high stress; long hours sometimes

invest more in tools and training to improve efficiencies

94 Other Employee Reviews for Oceaneering International (View Most Recent)

A long and satisfying career

Current Employee - Manager in Morgan City, LA
    Current Employee - Manager in Morgan City, LA

I have been working at Oceaneering International

Pros

Very family oriented, Very supporting of local charities and events, Opportunities for advancement are limitless if you apply yourself, Oceaneering is a career oriented company with long term employees, Fantastic benefits and 401k , Various bonus programs, Great people to work with, Fantastic Safety culture

Cons

Being a problem solving company forces the company to be reactionary in a lot of areas, Accountability is not enforced equally

Accountability should not stop at the working level. Accountability should be utilized all the way to upper management. Great job!

Low pay and long hours, but interesting work.

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Oceaneering International

Pros

Smart people, interesting work, reasonable benefits. Financially, the parent company and the space division are run extremely well. Cutting edge products, zero corporate debt, solid stable profits, and excellent corporate growth.

Cons

Too much politics- internal and external. Management tends to jump to conclusions. Senior management is disconnected from middle and lower level employees. Payroll clerk told me "You would not believe what some people are paid. People you think should earn a lot of money are paid very little, and other people seem very overpaid". Salary.com told me that for my job category, in my zip code, I was underpaid by $13,000 a year. The company is chronically understaffed, and salaried employees are expected to "work as many hours as are necessary to do your job", so work hours are consistently long. I don't have a problem with long hours, but pay should be commensurate.

If you want to keep good people, you need to treat them well, recognize their talent, and pay them a salary that at least matches the community average.

There are newer employer reviews for Oceaneering International