Ochsner Health System
www.ochsner.org New Orleans, LA 5000+ Employees

The people are nice to work with, but responsible hard workers risk being taken advantage of.

New Orleans, LA

ProsGreat stable employer, good benefits, nice people

Consemployee salaries are below market, especially given the hours of work that are expected (except for the very highest executives); Raises that are anything more than a cost-of-living adjustment are rare, except at the executive level. Even though work-life balance is verbally encouraged, work-life balance is only really acceptable for low-level employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's hard for employees to believe that merit raises must be limited to 3% when executive compensation, benefits, and travel, are as generous as they are.

THe best job that I have had during my career.

Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee)
    New Orleans, LA

I worked at Ochsner Health System

Pros: They have excellent benefits and the physicians are great to… Cons: Slow in replacing ancillary staff. Advice to Senior Management: I would encourage them to be better listeners. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

a waste of my time

Electrician (Current Employee)
    Gretna, LA

I have been working at Ochsner Health System

Pros: great vacation time and decent 401k Cons: not much room for advancement, salary range is well below… Advice to Senior Management: communication No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Ochsner Health System.

Worked for Ochsner Health System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ochsner Health System reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ochsner Health System CEO Warner Thomas . All reviews posted anonymously by Ochsner Health System employees.