Ochsner Health System
www.ochsner.org New Orleans, LA 5000+ Employees

I like working with the people that I work with. Feels like family in our department.

ProsJob security is good. Most of the staff is friendly and easy to get along with. Most are team players.

ConsOchsner practically has a monopoly on the New Orleans Metropolitan Area and therefore, controls the pay rate in this region. They tend to pay dramatically less than what they should. People pretty much go along with this pay because they own 7 of the 11 hospital. And 2 of the remaining are in negotiation to be operated possibly by Ochsner.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend time in the department in which you are making rules in before making those rules and regulations active. it could be surprising to find that there are better practical solutions rather than what appears would work on paper.

Very proud to be a team member of this healthcare provider

Manager (Current Employee)
    New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Ochsner Health System full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good salary, supports continuing education, leader in industry. We save… Cons: Worklife balance - always more to do than time to… Advice to Senior Management: Continued support of employees in the ever changing healthcare industry Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great benefits with a great work/life balance

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)
    New Orleans, LA

I worked at Ochsner Health System full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Manageable hours, excellent benefits, great community of people who support… Cons: Lack of upward mobility, subpar motivational tactics, can be unstimulating… Advice to Senior Management: provide a greater emphasis to your employees of going above and beyond for the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Ochsner Health System.

Worked for Ochsner Health System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ochsner Health System reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ochsner Health System CEO Warner Thomas . All reviews posted anonymously by Ochsner Health System employees.