There are newer employer reviews for Octa

The quality of your experience will depend on the value you add, the job you do and the people who support you.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Orange, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

I have been working at Octa

Pros

Decent salary. Used to have outstanding benefits package, but that is changing due to increase health insurance costs. Generous vacation and sick leave accruals. Work life balance is emphasized. The majority of the people who work at OCTA are really good people. They are smart, hard-working, friendly and helpful.

Cons

The organization is very hierarchical and promotions are usually based on whether or not your manager will go to bat for you especially if HR says no. It is all about who you know. This is a very policital environment because the Board of Directors are elected officials.

16 Other Employee Reviews for Octa (View Most Recent)

Low Stress, Good Place to Start

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

I have been working at Octa

Pros

It is a very friendly environment and people are willing to help. They are very good about granting time off and being generally flexible with work/life balance.

Cons

Work can be dry and days can be very slow at times. Limited room for advancement since management tends to have little turnover

Continue flexible scheduling and great work/life balance. Continue to offer employee development opportunities. Continue to promote team environment and openness

Great place to get started and work your way upwards!

Current Employee - Funding Analyst  in  Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Funding Analyst in Orange, CA

I have been working at Octa

Pros

Everyone gets their own workspace, whether it's in a shared bullpen or private office. Also, my floor allows for workspace personalization/decoration. Depending on your department/title, your days are very busy. I work with local agencies in processing grants and funds to allow for improvements on local streets with roads. Days range from contacting these agencies (phone, email, formal meetings), training workshops, working on individual tasks/projects. Staff is very open and friendly, cheerful, relaxed and not too formal or snooty. Admittedly there are some bad days, but overall, a great work environment (socially). Also, it's a great place to start on the lower level and build your way up. About half of my department started as temporary interns, but were promoted after a few years and are now full-time employees. Definitely an office that encourages social interaction. Office parties are great. Also another great plus - THEY FLEX!! (as in you get every other Friday off)

Cons

At times, workdays are really long and slow. Yes, the company allots workspaces for each employee and allows personalization of workspace, but I wish the layout of the office was different. Our cubicles are at least 5feet high, and at times it exhudes isolation between coworkers. (Of course, we find a way to make a way around it), but I would like to see a redesign of the office layout. Maybe shorter partitions so everyone feels less cramped in their cubicles. Parking is terrible.

Continue to allow flexible hours for part-time workers, encourage personalization of workspace. But it would be a great bonus to redesign some of the cubicle-crammed floors.

There are newer employer reviews for Octa

Worked for Octa? Contribute to the Community!