Octapharma Plasma

www.octapharmaplasma.com
  www.octapharmaplasma.com
There are newer employer reviews for Octapharma Plasma

Okay place to get your foot in the door with phlebotomy

I worked at Octapharma Plasma full-time

Pros

Always promotions because turnover is so high
Train people with no experience
Employee of the Quarter Program
Suggestion box they actually read
Flexible with scheduling

Cons

Could make more as a server. I was a Donor Floor Supervisor making 11.70. Haha sad.
Inexperience phlebs cause a lot of complaints. Donors don't know that they are getting stuck by a person who has never used a needle in their life and it is frankly not fair to the donors. I will never donate plasma knowing this. As an experienced phlebotomist I would always get requests and other inexperienced phlebs always called me for help. It got tiresome.
Had to take work home (scheduling and other things) because I had to spend my time at work helping the floor.

Hire experienced phlebotomist. Pay better so there is less turnover.

30 Other Employee Reviews for Octapharma Plasma (View Most Recent)

Toxic Environment

Former Employee - Proccesing Tech in Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - Proccesing Tech in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at Octapharma Plasma full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good for entry-level managent training and experience, or for hands on phelobotomy experience otherwise, that is all.

Cons

Low pay, poor management, part-time hours, little room for advancement, and an overall toxic environment that is created by from the top down.

Focus on morale, It was the most miserable experience of my entire life to come to work and listen to 100% of your employees whine and complain about the company, and the management. Please put an emphasis on hiring and promoting those with a positive attitude rather than those who thrive on gossip and "pot stirring."

Everybody wants to be important

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV

I worked at Octapharma Plasma

Pros

I come from the IBR group so the training provided was awesome and the culture with IBR was positive. There was so much potiential for growth, promotion and opportunity to learn but there again this was with IBR and then OPI came along. The only pro was the line staff received health benefits.

Cons

Information is not readily shared, unqualified management (most are not educated) and the morale is not the greatest because its all about the numbers. My advice to anyone PLEASE don't even bother. Most of the employees with credible backgrounds immediatly leave. There is a lot of redtape involved.

fire yourself or quit