Growing

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Supervisor
Current Employee - Quality Assurance Supervisor

I have been working at Octapharma Plasma full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This company is an efficient one. They got rid of the paper charts and are constantly looking for easier ways to do our work. They contribute up to 6% to your 401K! That is super-awesome!

Cons

The company needs alot of work when it comes to employee morale. We only have 3 holidays and in severe weather we are still expected to come in. They seem to be more concerned with the equipment and plasma, than the staff. Salaries are very low.

Step down off the pedestal and listen to the critical members of the company who work in the centers.

Other Reviews for Octapharma Plasma

Okay place to get your foot in the door with phlebotomy

I worked at Octapharma Plasma full-time

Pros

Always promotions because turnover is so high
    Train people with no experience
    Employee of the Quarter Program
    Suggestion box they actually read
    Flexible with scheduling

Cons

Could make more as a server. I was a Donor Floor Supervisor making 11.70. Haha sad.
    Inexperience phlebs cause a lot of complaints. Donors don't know that they are getting stuck by a person who has never used a needle in their life and it is frankly not fair to the donors. I will never donate plasma knowing this. As an experienced phlebotomist I would always get requests and other inexperienced phlebs always called me for help. It got tiresome.
    Had to take work home (scheduling and other things) because I had to spend my time at work helping the floor.

Hire experienced phlebotomist. Pay better so there is less turnover.

Toxic Environment

Former Employee - Proccesing Tech  in  Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - Proccesing Tech in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at Octapharma Plasma full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good for entry-level managent training and experience, or for hands on phelobotomy experience otherwise, that is all.

Cons

Low pay, poor management, part-time hours, little room for advancement, and an overall toxic environment that is created by from the top down.

Focus on morale, It was the most miserable experience of my entire life to come to work and listen to 100% of your employees whine and complain about the company, and the management. Please put an emphasis on hiring and promoting those with a positive attitude rather than those who thrive on gossip and "pot stirring."

There are newer employer reviews for Octapharma Plasma.

Worked for Octapharma Plasma? Contribute to the Community!