Octo Consulting Group

octoconsulting.com

The Octo culture

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) McLean, VA

Pros- Octo provides a collaborative work environment where you have the chance to work with everyone from executives to new hires. The company focuses on internal and external networking and ways for employees to share ideas.
- The company offers opportunities to grow professionally by taking part in new business pursuits, $5K per year in tuition reimbursement for educational growth, and the ability to participate on teams to coordinate social events and activities.
- Competive pay/raises and a very good benefits package.
- Management team that has been able to grow the business without sacrificing the company's core culture (balance of working hard, having fun, and growing).
- The stability of a larger company with a smaller company feel.

Cons- Implementing a number of internal processes (painful as company grows)

Advice to Senior Management- Continue communicating regularly with employees about the direction of the company and growth plans. It keeps employees feeling like they are key part of the company and its plans.

- Try to maintain the culture as the company grows.

Inexperienced Leadership

Senior Associate (Former Employee) McLean, VA

I worked at Octo Consulting Group full-time for more than a year

Pros: Coffee, snacks, some nice employees Cons: Inexperienced Management Team Executive Partner Model resulting in decisions by committee Lack of singular leadership in the company Lack of upward mobility and opening of… Advice to Senior Management: Hire some consultants to provide executive coaching No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

In Need of A Lot of Work

Developer (Former Employee) Tysons Corner, VA

I worked at Octo Consulting Group full-time for more than a year

Pros: Snacks in the break room. Cons: They have no software development experience. No idea how to manage developers or a development project. They want their developers to become salesmen or businessmen.… Advice to Senior Management: Learn how other companies manage developers and development projects. Take the advice of your good developers. Do not force employees to become businessmen. Do not… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Octo Consulting Group.

Worked for Octo Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!