Odyssey HealthCare

www.odyssey-healthcare.com
  www.odyssey-healthcare.com
There are newer employer reviews for Odyssey HealthCare

I think of my position at Odyssey as a vocation not as a job. The pay is just an added bonus.

Current Employee - Crisis Care Nurse in Lake Charles, LA
Current Employee - Crisis Care Nurse in Lake Charles, LA

I have been working at Odyssey HealthCare

Pros

You are working with the patients and families when they are at the hardest crossroads of this life and it is an opportunity to help the family and patient let their loved one go on to the next life. It is the most rewarding experience to be part of the last things in this life. It really gives you a new perspective about how much family means and how little material things mean. The benefits are great for those who are full time.

Cons

You receive a schedule but you really can't go by that as your work hours. There is not always a case going when you are scheduled. The upper management tries to give everyone equal time but Crisis Care is not a real sure thing.

Maybe Management can give the Crisis Care team office hours in filing or stocking the supply room or helping others that work in the office that may be behind and would welcome a day's help from one of the Crisis Care team.

46 Other Employee Reviews for Odyssey HealthCare (View Most Recent)

Love what I do, but hate who I do it for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Odyssey HealthCare

Pros

Helping families and providing comfort during some of their most difficult times.
    Competitive pay.
    Decent amount of paid time off.
    All staff is EXCELLENT with meeting families needs.
    Awesome company for care provided to the patients.

Cons

Horrible company for care provided to employees.
    No support from management.
    Unbearable caseload.
    Constant changes without explanation or training.
    Micromanaged by CEO and CFO who have never done this job.
    Ridiculous cost for health benefits.
    Have been bought and sold so many times in the past year that I don't even know who I work for.
    No room for promotion.

Improve morale. Go back to having values. Need to provide care and concern for your employees. Quit the corporate world buy outs and focus on your employees needs. Not every office in the country can operate under one "model." Understand that each office has needs unique to their area. STOP the blitzing. It is a waste of time and takes precious time away from my patients.

good company with great purpose

Former Employee - Nurse in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Nurse in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Odyssey HealthCare

Pros

great staff and had great purpose for patients

Cons

disorganized....schedule problems....Training was limited and return calls from office were slow.
    meeting were not professional and seemed to be a bother to upper management

promote from within, more training,more information regarding families and patient history,make schedules so drive time can be stream lined

There are newer employer reviews for Odyssey HealthCare