Off Broadway Shoes

Great for part time!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at Off Broadway Shoes

Pros

The company is great, especially the store I was working at. I loved all my coworkers and the managers are professional yet approachable. GREAT employee discount too! The atmosphere is fantastic.

Cons

You are standing basically your entire shift. My feet were killlllling me by the end of the day. Your shifts are very defined. You either open, do a midday, or close so you kinda have to have a lot of availability since each of those shifts are about 6 hours.

35 Other Employee Reviews for Off Broadway Shoes (View Most Recent)

If You Can Work Anywhere Else, I Would

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Off Broadway Shoes

Pros

Pay is decent enough.
    The people that work in the stores are great.
    Benefits are on par with other retail stores.

Cons

The hours are miserable. I know that it is retail, but the office expects salaried managers to work as if they OWN their store, meaning that if the store is open, you should be there. On average, I worked 50-60 hrs per week for my 45 hours per week salary.
    The number of weeks blacked out from vacation time are ridiculous. If he could, the owner would make you take your vacation in June and January.

Ease up on the workload expected from your managers, and maybe they won't burn out so quickly. Turnover in retail is expected, but it's way too high at OBS.

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Off Broadway Shoes full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great environment to work in. The employee discount is wonderful. The schedules are flexible, and extra hours are always available.

Cons

The job can be boring. The pay isn't great, but it's a retail environment so what do you expect.

Have more contests, more incentive to make the employees want to be there.

There are newer employer reviews for Off Broadway Shoes