There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot

Good opportunity, but it takes many years to advance due to the size of the company

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Boca Raton, FL
Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Office Depot

Pros

Nice new corporate office building. Many employees (over 1,600) at corporate office. Friendly professional environment. Nice cafeteria area. Opportunity for growth, and a place to gain experience.

Cons

Very very corporate atmosphere. Cubicles resemble a call center for all employees below Director level. Due to economy there are limited bonuses or incentives. No free coffee.

Clean house and get rid of the overpaid employees in positions that they are not qualified for. Provide more training opportunities for other than senior management.

reviews filtered by
  1. I am a Sales Associate mainly in the technology department, this is your basic minimum wage job.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Evanston, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Evanston, IL

I have been working at Office Depot

Pros

Schedule flexability, employee discount, mostly really nice people work there, and you can learn a lot about products if you want to. There are medical benifits if you work atleast 21 hours a week.

Cons

This is a minimum wage job so you start out at $8.25 an hour (true for atleast 2010, and 2011). Each year depending on your proformance you can recive an annual raise up to $.25. I am now making $8.50 an hour. This is not a living wage, and there is not really a way to be full time unless you are a manager. They push sales, and I feel we should be paid more for all the manual labor. Closing the store can keep you late. The location I work at closes at 9pm, and we can leave any time from 9:15 to 10pm. If there is a supervisor visit the next day we can stay as late as 12:30pm at night.

Keep in mind that we are being paid minimum wage for our services. Many of use give it our all, and are working here to make ends meat.

2. OK, could be better

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Office Depot

Pros

Good company for college student looking for part time job. You never have to work late because the stores close at 9:30.

Cons

Managers are just associates with security keys. Compensation should be more then what it is. Career advancement is not based on performance, but based on who you know.

Be more professional. Give all managers an equal oppurtunity to advance based on what they know and not who they know.

There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot