There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot

Neglected Company with huge potiential gets a little more heartbroken every day.

Current Employee - Department Manager in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Department Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

Flexibility with hours, locations, and resposibilities are a few reasons. I have never been denied a transfer or time off, unless of course it was around a black out retail holiday like Thanksgiving's Black Friday. Company with good and hard working retail workers.

Cons

No communication with corporate office from Retail Stores. No feedback is requested from stores on real issues. Tired programs getting pushed on tired customers. Failed business plans are continuously pushed, like Market Basket, TIPS, X-Pert, Stop the walk, 10X12, Rewards, and just about everything else. Good work is not rewarded, and the company is so PC that slackers and underachievers get the same results as performers and overachievers. Retail stores are being choked to death by corporate programs that are not successful and anger customers.

Advice to Management

Fire Odland and kill ridiculous programs like ones listed above. Please, Please, Please give this company back to its workers. The corporate office in Delray Beach, FL is asleep at the wheel and frankly incompetant. Maybe If some of them would listen to or maybe even spend a few hours in a store they would understand their own business a little better. This company will fail If you do not get back to basics! Cheap no hassle prices and fast checkout! NO MORE PROGRAMS PLEASE!

Other Employee Reviews for Office Depot

As soon as I can find another job in this economy ... you can have my Office Depot job!

Current Employee - Working Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Working Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Pros

I get a pay check

Cons

Negative reputation the company has - I used to brag about where I worked. Now I make sure my ID badge is removed as soon as I leave work.

Advice to Management

Get back to caring about the people that keep the company going -- the employees. Instead of eliminating the working class, eliminate some of the middle layers -- especially those that don't have a clue as to what they're doing. They are taking up office space and getting a pretty large paycheck for coming in at 8:30, taking a 1 1/2 hour lunch, and leaving at 5:30 every single day of the week. Save money -- cut the middle layers.

Rusty Has Beens

Current Employee - Senior Manager, IT in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Manager, IT in Boca Raton, FL

Pros

Close to home, covered parking

Cons

What should be alarming to the Board of Directors but isn't apparently: Dramatically incapable management and direction abounds here at Office Depot. Poor decision making if decision is made at all, no opportunity to advance due to dead wood above. Office Depot is an enterprise limited primarily by the rusty has-beens at the top. Great example: Oracle Project Simplify that was intended to be new beneficial technology but was been violated by old, broken guesses by the leaders (and I use the term loosely) who simply have no idea - - this sham will never go live and continues to drag the organization down.

Advice to Management

Please get your golden parachutes and do it today