Office Depot

www.officedepot.com
  www.officedepot.com
There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot

Don't expect to be compensated for your brains...

Former Employee - CSS II, Copy Center in New Port Richey, FL
Former Employee - CSS II, Copy Center in New Port Richey, FL

I worked at Office Depot

Pros

At my store at least, there was a lot of teamwork and competency both from the supervisors and most of the team. There is a bonus that employees can earn each month for winning a drawing of $50, which can definitely help out especially when you are not expecting it.

Cons

The starting pay is terrible and the continuing annual raise are garbage. When I got a 3% raise out of a total 5%, and hadn't even received a raise the year before, I was a tad perturbed to say the least. It wasn't my first job and I KNOW how to work with all kinds of people from all types of backgrounds. The only job I took on that I hadn't done before was the Copy and Print Department, and for all the workload you do, you only start out at a measly minimum wage unless you have some prior experience which if you do, don't waste you're time. Go to a print shop instead.

This I would love to direct to Corporate instead.... if you can afford to drug test your employees out of pocket, then I am sure you could be able to start out prospective employees at way above minimum wage... at least go based by departments. It's not kosher that you pay an individual in CPD minimum wage when CPD makes the store a LOT of money, and there's no bonus for up-selling!! I loved working with the people I did on a daily, but Office Depot as a corporation definitely left a bad taste in my mouth. I am glad I left there and found a way better job that pays me a lot more and I do less work.

1510 Other Employee Reviews for Office Depot (View Most Recent)

Fair

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist - II in Bradenton, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist - II in Bradenton, FL

I worked at Office Depot

Pros

Well established company, depending on management hours are distributed fairly well. They have commission incentives on many of their products, the rules are fair and ethical, well explained, help is always available from corporate.

Cons

Although there is commission it is dependent on the work of others, if your coworker did not feel like selling but you sold a ton and were a little short, tough luck, the numbers weren't met so you get no commission.

You are doing a great job, but commission should be based on both individual performance and that of the team. Have incentives for both.

Overlooked.

I have been working at Office Depot

Pros

Closed on X-mass. That is about it. I don't have anymore pros working for this employer just trying to make 20 words for this.

Cons

management promotes friends not the people that been there for a while. Management are lazy they will sit in the office and eat or play on there phones even run a home business from there phone. The only time they do anything is when the DM is in and then watch out b\c everyone runs around like they are crazy. And then all six managers tell you what to do over the radio in your ear like 100X a day like you don't know. And they cut hours all the time and hire more people but they will have all the managers there at once. And won't give full time even if you been there for 3 years.
    And watch out when a Corporate person comes in for a visit, they will have you on your hands and knees scrubbing everything down. And not to mention the crazy hours you work like if you are schedule from 4 to 10 you don't get to leave at 10 no you stay and finish all the stuff that was not done earlier that day, and then when you think your done management will start finding other things to do. It's a horrible place to work. They start you out at minimum wage and tell you, you that they bonus all the time that is a lie they hardly bonus and the raises you get are like 10 cents. And if you sell a PPP And you get paid for it and then the customer returns it they take it back out of your check.And Customers don't respect you. The heath benefits sucks.

Pay attentions to who is really doing the work, and stop hiring your friends and then promoting them. Give full time to people who deserve it.

There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot