Office Depot

www.officedepot.com
There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot

Don't expect to be compensated for your brains...

Former Employee - CSS II, Copy Center in New Port Richey, FL
Former Employee - CSS II, Copy Center in New Port Richey, FL

I worked at Office Depot

Pros

At my store at least, there was a lot of teamwork and competency both from the supervisors and most of the team. There is a bonus that employees can earn each month for winning a drawing of $50, which can definitely help out especially when you are not expecting it.

Cons

The starting pay is terrible and the continuing annual raise are garbage. When I got a 3% raise out of a total 5%, and hadn't even received a raise the year before, I was a tad perturbed to say the least. It wasn't my first job and I KNOW how to work with all kinds of people from all types of backgrounds. The only job I took on that I hadn't done before was the Copy and Print Department, and for all the workload you do, you only start out at a measly minimum wage unless you have some prior experience which if you do, don't waste you're time. Go to a print shop instead.

This I would love to direct to Corporate instead.... if you can afford to drug test your employees out of pocket, then I am sure you could be able to start out prospective employees at way above minimum wage... at least go based by departments. It's not kosher that you pay an individual in CPD minimum wage when CPD makes the store a LOT of money, and there's no bonus for up-selling!! I loved working with the people I did on a daily, but Office Depot as a corporation definitely left a bad taste in my mouth. I am glad I left there and found a way better job that pays me a lot more and I do less work.

1585 Other Employee Reviews for Office Depot (View Most Recent)

Fair

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist - II in Bradenton, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist - II in Bradenton, FL

I worked at Office Depot

Pros

Well established company, depending on management hours are distributed fairly well. They have commission incentives on many of their products, the rules are fair and ethical, well explained, help is always available from corporate.

Cons

Although there is commission it is dependent on the work of others, if your coworker did not feel like selling but you sold a ton and were a little short, tough luck, the numbers weren't met so you get no commission.

You are doing a great job, but commission should be based on both individual performance and that of the team. Have incentives for both.

It was a learning experience.

Former Employee - Product Solutions Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Product Solutions Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Office Depot

Pros

There was quick early on advancement. Also, there was a big sense of team when I was working there. Promote from within

Cons

Laid off a bunch of good people the economy got rough. Also got rid of nice benefits such as tuition reimbursment and 401K

You can not take away benefits like 401k especially when working at Office Depot, for some of your employees, is considered a career.

There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot