Overall good, but too much retail for me personally

Current Employee - Department Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Department Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Office Depot full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

products, people, service, certain customers, paycheck

Cons

schedule & vacation issues, negative pressure on managers

standardization is great but flexibility allows for reaction to variables specific to each location

Other Reviews for Office Depot

Office Depot - Not What It Used To Be

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Office Depot full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Product selection was usually good, if in stock.

Cons

Poor Executive Management.
    Out-of-stocks were always poor.

This store is going nowhere fast.

Current Employee - CS1  in  Arlington Heights, Cook, IL
    Current Employee - CS1 in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

I have been working at Office Depot part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Minimum wage. Bad benefits. I can only hope my son would never have to end up working for a store like this

Cons

Upper management threaten staff like no other job I've been at. There philosophy is: there is no work out there so they can take advantage of the staff by any means they see fit. Customers are stalked to the point where they leave. I have seen fellow associates harassed verbally and sometimes sexually at this location. HR is a joke. Never talk to HR about any concerns, they are not here to protect you. I've seen so many of my peers hours cut because of lack of protection plans being sold I.e. 20 hours to 4 hours a week. Commission is a joke. They set you up to fail. They discriminate against associates who are old, diabetic, hospitalized, and would never hire a female manager. In fact they fired all female management years ago. Women are not hired so don't bother applying. The reason given is the upper management do not want any distractions. There new isce program is the beginning of the end. If you get injured on the job, you will be jumping through loop holes to get compensation. Beware!

Be careful with the harassment, show your employees more consideration, this location used to function much more efficiently until the old management was let go and replaced by irresponsible, and straight forward mean upper management. Do not expect to get vacation days when requested, do not expect a fair equal working environment. They take advantage of employees by dangling the bad economy in front of you.

There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot.

Worked for Office Depot? Contribute to the Community!