Store Manager

Current Employee - Management in Tacoma, WA
Current Employee - Management in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Office Depot full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The new In-Store Customer experience implementing in the stores have been fun and engaging.

Cons

We don't get our bonus categories until well into the 1st quarter and it keeps changing.

Advice to Management

I wish we would have our own company delivery trucks. I went by 3 Staples delivery vans yesterday, what a bummer.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Office Depot is a great place to start off

Current Employee - CSS II, Copy Center in Edmond, OK
    Current Employee - CSS II, Copy Center in Edmond, OK

I have been working at Office Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people I worked with. Mainly the managers at my store, 2085. The training was very helpful.

Cons

Some of the customers are rude, but that comes with the field of sales. The training was helpful, but long.

Advice to Management

Thanks... for helping us in the cleaning of the store.

2. Work Load is Ridiculous if your on Logistics

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Office Depot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Most employes are hardworking single parents that really try and are easy to get a long with.

Cons

-With the new ISCE program you are going to go deaf with all the ridiculous radio chatter of where customers are going, what they need, what we helped them find, what we recommended, what we cross sold,what "by the way" crap did you offer, if we got them an Ad, and if we circled their receipt for a customer survey (All that talking and asking for 1 customer and we have to do it for every single one).

-Logistics folks are wayyyy underpaid. The Logistics goals are stupid. 22.5 mins a pallet and 1 min per out with 2 people. If you don't meet you logistics goal you are told "IF YOU ARE NOT DRIPPING IN SWEAT YOUR NOT DOING YOU JOB RIGHT". Yeah okay I am being paid minimum wage and I am sweating at the end of my shift yet they want me to "RUN WITH PRODUCT TO CUT DOWN ON TIME". All these quotes are what Corporate and Management say all the time. Ridiculous, if you like stocking get a normal warehouse job you will be paid more and you won't be dripping in sweat.

Advice to Management

Wear a headset for a week with constant chatter and see if your efficiency goes up.

Pay your Logistics more if you want these goals the people sitting in a chair come up with.