There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot

This company just does not care about its employees

Current Employee - Sales Associate in El Cajon, CA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in El Cajon, CA

I have been working at Office Depot part-time (More than a year)

Pros

A part time job to put food on your table when there are no other jobs out there.

Cons

Minimal raises, overworked, does not promote from within, horrible management, just an all around horrible job.

Advice to Management

Promote from within. Do not go out there and recruit a manager who has never worked at office depot! there are plenty of people who already know the system that you can promote!

reviews filtered by
  1. CSS II - Copy Center

Current Employee - CSS II, Copy Center in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - CSS II, Copy Center in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Office Depot part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management tries their best to make you feel better about the work environment. Most of my co-workers are cool people but there are a couple real flaky ones.

Cons

ICSE program is a bust. The employee turnover rate has become ridiculous since it started. No one wants to listen to people talking in their ear all day and being forced to stalk customers in every area of the store. And really who goes to work to play games? Games are supposed to be fun not forced on you.

Every week the rules change. One week it is okay to do something then before you know it you aren't allowed to do that anymore... says Corporate. They have no idea what real work in a retail store is like. One of them should actually spend a day in a store and they will realize that torturing your employees (and customers) is not good business. All of the employees are treated like they are nothing and the poor full time employees... what else can you take away from them?

Office Depot doesn't deserve to have me as an employee! Why work hard for a company when you get NOTHING in return but constant nagging and poor pay?

Advice to Management

Find a good job where you are appreciated for your hard work!

2. there are better jobs out there for high school and college students

Current Employee - Cashier in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Cashier in Frederick, MD

I have been working at Office Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- overall, management is good. they work hard for not enough pay.
    -its a job

Cons

- VERY unflexible. a month ahead of time i asked for 2 weeks off (but i could still work weekends) due to my high school band camp and because it was during back to school, i was practically yelled at by my managers and given a very hard time. another time i woke up sick (laying on the bathroom sick) so i called in sick two hours before my shift (no way i could've called in earlier) and was told if i couldnt come in that i would be fired.
    -as a cashier, i have to call out customers. of course, this leaves me between a rock and a hard place when the other customers im working with become uncomfortable when they hear that associates now stalk employees.
    -sometimes im very busy. sometimes im not and end up wandering aimlessly "facing" products until im given work to do. time does not go fast.