Office Depot

www.officedepot.com
  www.officedepot.com
There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot

This company just does not care about its employees

Current Employee - Sales Associate in El Cajon, CA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in El Cajon, CA

I have been working at Office Depot part-time (more than an year)

Pros

A part time job to put food on your table when there are no other jobs out there.

Cons

Minimal raises, overworked, does not promote from within, horrible management, just an all around horrible job.

Promote from within. Do not go out there and recruit a manager who has never worked at office depot! there are plenty of people who already know the system that you can promote!

1510 Other Employee Reviews for Office Depot (View Most Recent)

there are better jobs out there for high school and college students

Current Employee - Cashier in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Cashier in Frederick, MD

I have been working at Office Depot part-time (less than an year)

Pros

- overall, management is good. they work hard for not enough pay.
    -its a job

Cons

- VERY unflexible. a month ahead of time i asked for 2 weeks off (but i could still work weekends) due to my high school band camp and because it was during back to school, i was practically yelled at by my managers and given a very hard time. another time i woke up sick (laying on the bathroom sick) so i called in sick two hours before my shift (no way i could've called in earlier) and was told if i couldnt come in that i would be fired.
    -as a cashier, i have to call out customers. of course, this leaves me between a rock and a hard place when the other customers im working with become uncomfortable when they hear that associates now stalk employees.
    -sometimes im very busy. sometimes im not and end up wandering aimlessly "facing" products until im given work to do. time does not go fast.

Its an ok job if you don't have bills.

Current Employee - CSS-1 in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - CSS-1 in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Office Depot part-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's easy work if youre hired on as a CSS, you basically just help customers.

Cons

The pay could be much better. YOu'd be very lucky to start off with 8+ dollars per hr. You are pressured into using high pressure sales tactics to sell items via the ARC-3 process. The arc 3 process is basically recommending 3 products, cross selling (if you sell a printer ask if they need paper or ink with it) and closing the sale ( asking the customer "would you like me to bring this up t the register for you). Then after you've done that you are pressured into selling protection plans on
     all devices sold. The worst part is the use of the radio system. Every single last cutsomer that comes into the store has to be called out and basically stalked around the store to "assure they get what they need." It ends up just being a nuisance for the customer.

Another con is that it is basically impossible to move up. If you want to move up, youd have to be there for 5 plus years.

Don't take your employees for granted. Recognize their effort and hard work.

There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot