Office Depot

www.officedepot.com

Dwindling opportunities

CSS- II (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsThe hours are flexible, the people are nice and mostly competent, the company has a strong sense of values and promotes honesty and an open-door policy in most arenas.

ConsThe benefits are horrible and have been cut drastically since I started working here. Commission is based on a group effort and full-time jobs outside of management are non-existent, and even the best cannot sell enough for the whole store in 28 hours a week. My personal sales have been among the top in the company during months in which I received no commission because my store did not make its goal.

Advice to Senior ManagementEither the commission structure, the base pay, or the hours would need to go up in order for the compensation to be considered remotely competitive. Virtually all of the competitors offer full-time positions with a higher base pay for technology associates.

Department Manager

Department Manager (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

I have been working at Office Depot full-time for more than a year

Pros: They are usually really flexible nice with the schedule Cons: no chanse for promotion with in No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great experience with open overview of company

E-commerce Business Analyst (Former Employee) Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Office Depot as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Big well known corporation Ease of transfer between departments Cons: Politics of a big corporation Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Office Depot.

Worked for Office Depot? Contribute to the Community!