There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot

Amazing work experience. The people are really helpful and theres a lot of potential to move up the ladder

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist I in Bloomington, IN
Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist I in Bloomington, IN

I have been working at Office Depot part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great start towards a career in marketing.

Cons

Hourly wage could be higher since theres a lot of work to do.

Other Employee Reviews for Office Depot

1. Office Depot is fair.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Spring, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Spring, TX

I worked at Office Depot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are fair and the stores I worked in were filled mostly with motivated persons who had great work ethic. Stores are clean and well organized The co-workers I had were fun and intelligent Always an opportunity to learn something new Great store transfer program for employees who want to relocate to another city full-time and part-time employee benefits

Cons

Full-time employees might be asked to work conflicting schedules; closing one night and opening the next morning. Depot Time reduces the time allotted to complete store and inventory operations to laughably short periods infective, unmotivated and lazy employees are never fired. You have to pick up their slack and live with it. New managers receive no training. Just get what we can pick up on the job, and if you don't magically know things nobody has told you, you still get written up. That was the most ridiculously frustrating half-year of my life.

2. Consistently Changing Environment with a Customer Service Focus

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist I in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist I in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Office Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Excellent sales experience -All department training -paid training -flexible scheduling (varies per manager) -opportunities for advancement -commission on top of wages

Cons

-Poor Base Pay -Cashiers have little chance to make commission -customer service oriented to the extreme (can get fired over a single poor survey) -Difficult to understand business model (from an associate's standpoint)

Advice to Management

Understand sales quota and look at an employee's track record before giving a write-up for a single bad survey, and promote your good employees more.