Office Depot

www.officedepot.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot

Great place to gain retail sales experience.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

I have been working at Office Depot part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good Work environment, nice employees.

Cons

Hard to find advancement opportunities.

Provide more opportunities for advancement.

1629 Other Employee Reviews for Office Depot (View Most Recent)

Management is really bad!!!

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate I in Richmond, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate I in Richmond, TX

I worked at Office Depot part-time (more than a year)

Pros

There was really no pros for working at office depot I worked in the copy and print department and when the cashiers didn't feel the need to check out the managers would look the other way while I handled my customers as well as checking customers out which clearly was not my job.

Cons

The management is so bad there even when the store had major screwups on orders the employees had to take care of it because the managers were to lazy to do anything half of the time. They never give you a raise I had to grill them to get mine and even then the only reason they gave it to me was because I was one of the only people that knew how to work my department. Also the time I was there I did the managers job half of the time because they would disappear to back.

No words can describe how bad the management really is there so that should tell you how horrible this company is.

eh..

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Modesto, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Modesto, CA

I have been working at Office Depot part-time (more than a year)

Pros

it pays the bills, and it's all about your mindset. If you are going to go to work with the mindset you're going to have a bad day then you will but you can also make it fun. In my experience though there is very little pro in talking to customers and as far as any compensation well don't expect to be promoted so unless your store is one of the lucky ones that earns commission then expect the very least they can pay you.

Cons

bare minimum as far as wages unless you work there for 15 plus years. Don't expect to be appreciated, because you will be let down for any hard work you put into the position. Also don't always believe them when they tell you you are getting a raise or a promotion because in my experience the raise is bare minimum for the year and the promotion is very unlikely.

Make more effort to support the little guy that makes the company run.

There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot