Office Depot

www.officedepot.com

Used to be an excellent company to work for...

Technology Specialist (Current Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsFor a retail sales associate position, my pay was adequate. Under the company's current policies, though it is very rare that sales associates become eligible to earn commission, when we do, it is a nice bonus.

ConsOffice Depot's new customer service program known as "ISCE" is nothing more than a dog and pony show for upper level managers to listen to in the store parking lot. (ISCE requires unnecessary radio communication, and hinders the associate's ability to focus on the customer.) While ISCE brought about some good ideas, the execution was very poor...

The company's problem resolution process is also completely broken. If you have an issue with your manager, there is nothing in place to prevent them from retaliating against you if you dare report their illegal behavior. I personally witnessed a pregnant employee get harassed each day she came to work, when she reported the behavior, they terminated her before the management could be punished.

I've worked for the same store for 4 years, and I have never seen a single internal promotion. Management frequently gets shuffled around making it difficult to develop steady working relationships.

Advice to Senior ManagementLets stop playing games with the radios, and lets get back to doing what we used to de best: Taking Care of Business. Also, promote from within!

Office Depot

Store Manager (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Office Depot full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Company has made allot of improvements at the corporate level,… Cons: Company no longer wants Managers who can "think outside the box" and drive profiable sales, they have now shifted the culture to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great place to work, watch out for employee reduction(s)

Supervisor (Former Employee) Ormond Beach, FL

I worked at Office Depot full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Never boring, many departments to crosstrain into, fast paced and… Cons: Nationwide layoff of over 4000 managers, six weeks prior to Christmas in 2004 to meet stockholder… Advice to Senior Management: Way too many incoming trucks of new inventory per week… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Office Depot.

Worked for Office Depot? Contribute to the Community!