There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot

Used to be an excellent company to work for...

Current Employee - Technology Specialist  in  Tulsa, OK
Current Employee - Technology Specialist in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Office Depot part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

For a retail sales associate position, my pay was adequate. Under the company's current policies, though it is very rare that sales associates become eligible to earn commission, when we do, it is a nice bonus.

Cons

Office Depot's new customer service program known as "ISCE" is nothing more than a dog and pony show for upper level managers to listen to in the store parking lot. (ISCE requires unnecessary radio communication, and hinders the associate's ability to focus on the customer.) While ISCE brought about some good ideas, the execution was very poor...

The company's problem resolution process is also completely broken. If you have an issue with your manager, there is nothing in place to prevent them from retaliating against you if you dare report their illegal behavior. I personally witnessed a pregnant employee get harassed each day she came to work, when she reported the behavior, they terminated her before the management could be punished.

I've worked for the same store for 4 years, and I have never seen a single internal promotion. Management frequently gets shuffled around making it difficult to develop steady working relationships.

Lets stop playing games with the radios, and lets get back to doing what we used to de best: Taking Care of Business. Also, promote from within!

1407 Other Employee Reviews for Office Depot (View Most Recent)

Office Depot

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Office Depot full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Company has made allot of improvements at the corporate level, hopefully not too late.

Cons

Company no longer wants Managers who can "think outside the box" and drive profiable sales, they have now shifted the culture to hands off managers who can needlessly babble over the radio and micro manage associates to the point where they will walk out.

Great place to work, watch out for employee reduction(s)

Former Employee - Supervisor  in  Ormond Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Ormond Beach, FL

I worked at Office Depot full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Never boring, many departments to crosstrain into, fast paced and interesting.

Cons

Nationwide layoff of over 4000 managers, six weeks prior to Christmas in 2004 to meet stockholder income predictions for that year. Then the company sponsors Nascar in early 2005. Priorities?

Way too many incoming trucks of new inventory per week to handle properly under labor guidelines.

There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot

Worked for Office Depot? Contribute to the Community!