There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot

Eh...

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Sarasota, FL
Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Office Depot part-time (more than an year)

Pros

- The hours are extremely flexible, and management is willing to work with you on them. I've also never been denied time off I've asked for, which is nice, since I usually only do so for family matters.
- Fellow associates are very nice and always willing to help out.

Cons

- The ISCE program is completely ridiculous. It's impossible to concentrate on the customer in front of me with constant chattering over my ear in the headset. I've actually had customers complain to me that it felt like they couldn't shop in peace because there was an associate asking if they needed help every two seconds.
- Nobody in the store I work in finds it all that rewarding to offer Protection Plans anymore. We used to be really good at offering them whenever possible, but people rarely took them. It just got to a point where we knew we wouldn't hit our monthly goal for commisson, so why bother? Where is all that profit going, if we're not getting it?
- The raises are miniscule. You'd be lucky to get a twenty-five cent raise in the course of a year.
- It's pretty much impossible to work your way up. Getting a management position is more about who you know rather than what you know.
- Though part-timers (as everyone but management is) are offered benefits, they're really expensive and don't actually cover much. Not worth it.

Get rid of the ISCE program in smaller stores. Either that, or give us more payroll so we can execute it like how you're forcing us! It would be nice to get raises more than once a year as well, and not such a tiny amount. Perhaps performance reviews every six months or something?

1459 Other Employee Reviews for Office Depot (View Most Recent)

Good people, good environment

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist I in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist I in Dallas, TX

I worked at Office Depot part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very competitive - result driven.

Cons

Very demanding of goals that were unattainable.

Shaky at times, but all in all a wonderful place to work.

Current Employee - CSS II, Copy Center in Marble Falls, TX
    Current Employee - CSS II, Copy Center in Marble Falls, TX

I have been working at Office Depot part-time (more than an year)

Pros

When you have a good team (as every store in our area does) you make a lot of customers happy and make a lot of employees happy. Seeing a happy customer walk out of the door because you were able to assist them is a wonderful feeling, and the commission you can make from doing just that is definitely nothing to sneer at.
    The concept of the ISCE program, with proper execution, is amazing.

Cons

Working with the new ISCE program can be challenging, as it does seem to be aimed at high-customer volume locations, which our little store is not. However, having a good management team that realizes what does and doesn't work in your store does wonders for this issue.

Take a little closer look at which stores benefit from which parts of the ISCE program.

There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot