Glassdoor is your free inside look at Office Depot reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Office Depot CEO Neil R. Austrian. All reviews posted anonymously by Office Depot employees.
I have been working at Office Depot part-time for more than a year
Pros – - The hours are extremely flexible, and management is willing to work with you on them. I've also never been denied time off I've asked for, which is nice, since I usually only do so for family matters.
- Fellow associates are very nice and always willing to help out.
Cons – - The ISCE program is completely ridiculous. It's impossible to concentrate on the customer in front of me with constant chattering over my ear in the headset. I've actually had customers complain to me that it felt like they couldn't shop in peace because there was an associate asking if they needed help every two seconds.
- Nobody in the store I work in finds it all that rewarding to offer Protection Plans anymore. We used to be really good at offering them whenever possible, but people rarely took them. It just got to a point where we knew we wouldn't hit our monthly goal for commisson, so why bother? Where is all that profit going, if we're not getting it?
- The raises are miniscule. You'd be lucky to get a twenty-five cent raise in the course of a year.
- It's pretty much impossible to work your way up. Getting a management position is more about who you know rather than what you know.
- Though part-timers (as everyone but management is) are offered benefits, they're really expensive and don't actually cover much. Not worth it.
Advice to Senior Management – Get rid of the ISCE program in smaller stores. Either that, or give us more payroll so we can execute it like how you're forcing us! It would be nice to get raises more than once a year as well, and not such a tiny amount. Perhaps performance reviews every six months or something?
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend
2012-11-22 19:10 PST
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.