There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot

disappointing

Former Employee - Director  in  Boca Raton, FL
Former Employee - Director in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Office Depot full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly, generally good-hearted people. Nice corporate campus with amenities such as fitness center and dry cleaning

Cons

No real sense of how the company will succeed. Chronic re-orgs, outsourcing and lay-offs.

Craft a vision and share it with employees

1394 Other Employee Reviews for Office Depot (View Most Recent)

Thankful to have during resession

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Plano, TX

I have been working at Office Depot part-time for more than a year

Pros

it was paying job other than that, not whole alot

Cons

low ballers, pushy sales tactics

There is room for improvement

They will drive you crazy with the radios that they make you wear.

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist I  in  Warner Robins, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist I in Warner Robins, GA

I worked at Office Depot part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours. If you are going to school or have another job they will work with you.

Cons

1. Low pay starting at minimum wage.
    2. Raises are like 10 cents a year.
    2. The schedule is constantly changing so that it is impossible to get a normal sleep schedule going. In any given week I might be getting there as early as 6am or as late as 7pm from one day to the next. They would have me closing one night and opening the very next day. Not very considerate.
    3. It is hard to get more than 32 hours and they don't promote any sales associates to full time. Only managers get full time hours.
    4. The radios that they make you wear are really annoying because it is difficult to try to do a good job while constantly hearing what everybody else is saying over the radio and I do mean constantly because Office Depot just started this new Certification thing where the goal is to stalk every customer through the store and constantly report over the radio when any customer moves anywhere in the store and what questions have we already asked that customer and has that customer already been greeted properly and what did the customer say in response to our questions. And we are supposed to make things fun by constantly saying lots of fun things over the radio and there is never supposed to be more than one or two minutes of radio silence because that means we are supposedly neglecting customers. It is very stressful to try to do a good job while constantly having to hear what everybody is saying over the radio and it is really creepy to be required to constantly stalk customers around the store and reporting in to the radio about what they are doing is really creepy.

There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot

Worked for Office Depot? Contribute to the Community!