There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot

some days are better than others

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Daytona Beach, FL
Current Employee - Cashier in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Office Depot part-time for less than a year

Pros

Not working early in the morning/late in the evening-although closing at 9 and not leaving until 10 gets very frustrating at times. Some ok people to work with. Customers are treated like royalty which is ok at times, but asking to run after a customer who left the store over $2 isnt/shouldnt be in the job description.

Cons

Very poor hourly wage, I was upset to find out I didnt get a little higher wage being a college graduate. Until the veterans get used to working with you, be ready to get treated like dirt. For the first month I was treated terribly. Seems to get better as time goes on. Being treated like a slave all the time. No work/life balance...put in for 2 days off 18 days ahead of time and still was not granted the time off. Working all day, every weekend unless you say you cant. Cant there be a balance?

Treat your cashiers and floor people better. We are basically the ones running the store. Customers come into contact with us, not you. So maybe if we were treated like equals instead of slaves the overall store would be in better operation.

1405 Other Employee Reviews for Office Depot (View Most Recent)

Department Manager

Former Employee - Department Manager
    Former Employee - Department Manager

I worked at Office Depot full-time

Pros

none to speak of besides the good employees how work hard there and give their all to the position

Cons

-store manager and assistant manager lazy all the over flow is on the department managers
    -favoritism is everywhere
    -not enough hours to go around
    -pay is low in comparison to other companies

weed out the slackers and bad employees, appreciate and compensate the good ones fairly.

Wasted time

I have been working at Office Depot full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Not many. Layoffs all the way around. Worst pay and highest expectations in the industry... Upper management out of touch with reality.

Cons

Too many to list. Company is in a downward spiral. Things will get much worse before they get better. Merger with Office Max will not help this dying company.

Get a clue. If you keep going the way you are you will soon be the next Circuit City.

There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot

Worked for Office Depot? Contribute to the Community!