Office Depot

www.officedepot.com

some days are better than others

Cashier (Current Employee) Daytona Beach, FL

ProsNot working early in the morning/late in the evening-although closing at 9 and not leaving until 10 gets very frustrating at times. Some ok people to work with. Customers are treated like royalty which is ok at times, but asking to run after a customer who left the store over $2 isnt/shouldnt be in the job description.

ConsVery poor hourly wage, I was upset to find out I didnt get a little higher wage being a college graduate. Until the veterans get used to working with you, be ready to get treated like dirt. For the first month I was treated terribly. Seems to get better as time goes on. Being treated like a slave all the time. No work/life balance...put in for 2 days off 18 days ahead of time and still was not granted the time off. Working all day, every weekend unless you say you cant. Cant there be a balance?

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your cashiers and floor people better. We are basically the ones running the store. Customers come into contact with us, not you. So maybe if we were treated like equals instead of slaves the overall store would be in better operation.

Doing some great things in 2013

Manager (Current Employee) Boulder, CO

I have been working at Office Depot full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good retail experience for anyone going to school Cons: pay isnt great but still above minimum Advice to Senior Management: Could pay better to get better quality people Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

n/a

Department Manager (Current Employee) Wayne, NJ

I have been working at Office Depot full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: interacting with people , other customers and employees. Cons: nights and weekends are a must , negative people. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Office Depot.

Worked for Office Depot? Contribute to the Community!