There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot

Very Customer Oriented

Current Employee - Department Manager in Baltimore, MD
Current Employee - Department Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Office Depot full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Upper Management allows for you to chase your own future. Put the effort in and they're very flexible in allowing you to grow your store.

Cons

A lot of competition with other markets... High stress at times.

Have more frequent meetings with all levels of management so that the team feels more cohesive.

reviews filtered by
  1. Overall a great place to work, with a few minor gripes

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist I
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist I

I worked at Office Depot part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Managers were friendly and accommodating to my schedule, great team of coworkers who seemed to all get along with one another, lots of useful experiencing dealing with people and selling all kinds of products, met interesting new people every day, decent work environment.

Cons

Little room for advancement in the store, dealing with impatient and/or downright obnoxious customers, store frequently understaffed, some elements of the ISCE program, hourly cutbacks, pay could be a bit better for all of the work being done.

Was employed at a busy Office Depot store in the Southeast for a little less than a year. Looking back, I definitely learned a lot and enjoyed most of the things about my tenure there (see Pros), though there were a couple frustrating issues like frequent staff shortages, which would leave literally no cashiers and the floor associates would be forced into juggling both tasks at once. I thought the ISCE program made sense in theory, but did not think it was necessary to constantly follow-up with customers and ask if they needed any more assistance. The pay could have been a little better too considering how much work you really end up doing, but at least I had a job.

Fortunately though, there were very few other issues I had with working there. Overall I would recommend Office Depot if you're looking to work with a great team and gain a lot of experience.

2. Satisfied with the part-time job I had at Office Depot

Current Employee - Sales Associate in West Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in West Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Office Depot part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Office Depot provides flexible hours

Cons

Office Depot is just like any other retail job

There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot