Office Depot

www.officedepot.com
There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot

Good company

I have been working at Office Depot

Pros

Lots of room to advance, lots to learn for use in the future, great people to work for

Cons

None that come to mind

Keep it up

1487 Other Employee Reviews for Office Depot (View Most Recent)

Former Technology Sales Specialist.

Former Employee - Technology Sales Specialist in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Technology Sales Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Office Depot full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at Office Depot for almost four years and can think of nothing positive about my experience.

Cons

I wasted almost four years of my life working for this company. I started as the low man on the totem pole and it took almost four years of going above and beyond expectations before i was promoted to full time. I worked in technology up until then and was passed by people from other companies who had "more experience." Even the people in my store who did absolutely nothing received pay raises and moved on. I had a feeling they didn't promote me because I was the only one in technology that knew how to do planograms. I only had two managers that I respected during that time because they, in turn, respected me and actually treated me like a human being. Once I finally got promoted to Technology Sales Specialist, I was forced to move to another store that was further away from my home because someone else was "promised" that position at my store because it was closer to his home. That's not fair at all. Once I was at the new store I was only there for four months before I was wrongly fired for going above and beyond to help a customer with their computer. Isn't that what we are supposed to do? But instead I was fired. Mainly because none of the managers there liked me because I didn't cave in to their bullcrap by going and getting them Starbucks when they wanted it and sucking up to them. They loved the people that did that, and they loved hiring their own friends.

Actually get out on the floor and do some work. Stay off your phone like all the other employees. That's another thing, regular employees can get written up or fired for having their phone out on the sales floor but managers can stand right in front of a customer and browse Facebook. Stop treating your employees like crap and when someone actually does work, reward them, don't fire them for no good reason and make actually having a place to live a hard thing to come by.

Very Customer Oriented

Current Employee - Department Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Department Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Office Depot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Upper Management allows for you to chase your own future. Put the effort in and they're very flexible in allowing you to grow your store.

Cons

A lot of competition with other markets... High stress at times.

Have more frequent meetings with all levels of management so that the team feels more cohesive.

There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot