Office Depot
2.9 of 5 1,175 reviews
www.officedepot.com Boca Raton, FL 5000+ Employees

Decent

I have been working at Office Depot full-time

ProsAbility to move up, and gain work experience. Ability to gain connections in retail.

ConsRadios used for training are horribly utilized for training, you feel treated like a second class citizen or a small child with the amount of repetition of common sense based information. The company is so micromanaged, it is painful. There is no room for creativity, or merchandising outside of their cookie cutter approach to pushing product off the sales floor. With the the micromanagement that is put into effect, their horribly inefficient computer systems and outdated approach to management, it is a miracle that they are keeping their head above water in our upside down economy.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat the managers and associates at your stores with more respect and dignity, and it will ignite a passion within your employees. Passionate people who smile are the ones that need to interact with your customers, to have happy employees they need to feel appreciated and not scrutinized or treated like black sheep.

An excellent place to learn some skills and get your feet wet for retail.

Customer Service Specialist I (Former Employee)
San Antonio, TX

I worked at Office Depot part-time for more than a year

Pros: I worked here as a CSS-1 for almost 2 years. The co workers I met were just awesome, and management was ok. I met alot… Cons: Terrible pay. I started in Aug of 2011 at 7.40 an hour and after a year I only got a 0.22 cent raise. Also a… Advice to Senior Management: Pay your employees more. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It's good

Store Manager (Current Employee)
Portland, OR

I have been working at Office Depot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Retail gig, what can I say? It has it's ups… Cons: Expectations high to impossible. Can be very rough. Advice to Senior Management: Less ISCE Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Office Depot.

Worked for Office Depot? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Office Depot reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Office Depot CEO Roland C. Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Office Depot employees.