There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot

Very intense and handson

Current Employee - Department Manager  in  Cape Town (South Africa)
Current Employee - Department Manager in Cape Town (South Africa)

I have been working at Office Depot full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Competitive pay, for the most part. If a person works in Tech Depot or Copy and Print, great handson experience.

Cons

The ISCE (In-Store Customer Experience) program is overwhelming for the customers. It can be viewed as borderline stalking.

Only the strong survive in retail, only the best become management.

1405 Other Employee Reviews for Office Depot (View Most Recent)

DVD

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Cuddalore (India)
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Cuddalore (India)

I have been working at Office Depot full-time for less than a year

Pros

it is work my fave rate department. any way happy my life run on this time and luck search job

Cons

down side it is work my fave rate department. any way happy my life run on this time.good time

Advice to my downside work people Truly mater

A company that lacks appreciation or respect for its employees

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Office Depot part-time for less than a year

Pros

This job provided me flexible part time work while I was in college. The interview was fairly easy, and the general manager was friendly (but rarely seen).

Cons

There was no training. They literally walked me out to the sales floor and told me to start helping customers on my first day. It felt like I was being thrown to the wolves. Eventually I navigated my way around the business, and began to build confidence through my own self-training. After a month, my numbers were three times the next highest sales associate, and seven times the quota set for us. Despite this, I was still treated rudely by managers outside of my department- one time I was berated for taking a break that had been approved by my department manager and coworkers.

When employees are surveyed about what they value most in their employer, respect and appreciation beat benefits and wages. I was willing to (and I did) give this job my best effort even though I was only being paid around minimum wage; however, I quit because I was neither respected or appreciated.

There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot

Worked for Office Depot? Contribute to the Community!