Office Depot

There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot

Completely Disorganized

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Office Depot full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good Company Culture, Great Co-Workers, Nice Facility, Good Work-Life Balance

Cons

Disorganization, No Clear or Consistent Messaging as to Expectations and Goals, Too Many Out of Date Programs and Processes, Too Many Incapable Managers, Pay and Bonuses Misrepresented, Micromanaged Call Center Environment

Invest in your people and promote from within. Stop the smoke and mirror games regarding the upcoming merger. Be honest about pay, expectations, and potential for advancement, or lack thereof. And get your sales force their annual sales quota before the third quarter!

1640 Other Employee Reviews for Office Depot (View Most Recent)

Promise you the world and give you nothing

Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Office Depot full-time (less than a year)

Pros

40K a year, work right by life time, right off 620 and near a lot of food joints.

Cons

Stuck in SMB where they deny you your bonus because they can , they do magic with the numbers so they end up with all the profit and you get nothing.

Unpredictable work enviroment

Former Employee - Customer Service in Nicholasville, KY
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Nicholasville, KY

I worked at Office Depot part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Learning things you normally wouldn't in copy & print depot.

Cons

not enough time for training of associates. unable to take breaks when needed

It would be best for the store manager to know what is going on with other managers in the store when she is not there. One manager in particular was rude to other employees, would give attitude when asked a question (keep in mind the employee was a new hire) and would allow her "picks" to stand around doing nothing besides playing around on the computer checking personal email or updating their linkedIn profile. Employees were not reprimanded for showing up late (30 min-1 hour) and where allowed to eat their breakfast while there were customers in the store. Upper Management really was easy to work with, and they were great with working me around the schedule I had to follow, the only problem with that was while Upper management knew and said it was ok that I had to leave exactly when my shift was over, the front end manager was rude and i was told that I would have to stay till the next person arrived and figure out how to get home.

There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot