Pretty Good Place to Work as a Territory Development Manager

Former Employee - Territory Development Manager in Burbank, CA
Former Employee - Territory Development Manager in Burbank, CA

I worked at Office Depot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked for Office Depot BSD for 2 years in Burbank. It was a good experience. What made it a good experience were the people and the District Sales Manager I had. He was a true professional and knew a lot about the business. More importantly, he (K.B.) was always willing to lend a helping hand to all of his reps to make sure we were successful. If you work for this company, you will learn a lot about business. Very little if any micro management. You work from out of your home office, and go into the main office once a week for a weekly meetings. The Burbank office was a pleasant office to work out of. I ended up leaving because my old boss in the medical field wanted me to come work for her at her new company, and it was a $20K raise on my base salary. I could not turn that down Salary at Office Depot is between $50 and 55K to start. If you perform, you can expect a 3% raise every year. Unless things have changed since 2010 (which I am sure they have), You can expect between $1200 - $2400 in commission every month.

Cons

The biggest problem I had with the company was the car allowance. They used something called Runzstimer. After taxes it was not enough money to cover your travel and gas. You were coming out of pocket every month. No way around it either. You will be on the road a lot.

Advice to Management

My manager was great...no complaints. As a matter of fact, all of the managers in the Burbank office were great. I can't tell you what it was / is like for other offices.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good place to work but no growing oppurtunities.

Former Employee - Technology Sales Specialist in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Technology Sales Specialist in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Office Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Job isn't stressful or demand too much. Sell Protection plans that pay commission but if the store doesn't hit its goal you can lose your bonus.

Cons

Not much full time availability. Office depot merged with office max and 9 assistant managers got demoted to department managers, that's including their salary. Bad manager makes the job harder than it should be.

2. Good part-time job

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Office Depot part-time (More than a year)

Pros

good people to work with; possibilities to learn about technologies; great clientele; flexible schedule

Cons

low pay - many people barely make over minimum hourly salary after several years in the company

Advice to Management

Pay more and people will care more