Office Depot

www.officedepot.com

It's a bitter sweet job as an associate.

Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsNow I can only speak for my store in the Metro Atlanta Area (will not be specific). If you are a basic Customer Service Specialist I (starting position). It is a bitter sweet situation. The pros are that there is a part of the day (hours vary by time of year but around 12-4) Called "Depot Time" This means that the only thing you are supposed to do is speak with customers and either direct them to the product they are looking for or sell them on a product they are debating on buying. This is great because you are moving a lot and interacting with many people and doing sales work. At least at my store the majority of staff get along and it is a good working environment between eachother, especially with the team work the job requires (lots of communication over the headsets).

ConsOutside of "Depot Time" is where things get tedious. You are often sent to do little tasks, sometime things like reorganizing shelves the way corporate requires which is understandable. However it seems often that things are just made up to have you do for the illusion that payroll isn't being wasted. When it honestly is worse off as you are often doing tasks that don't even need to be done or were just taken care of very recently. As a CSS I you are payed minimum wage and the work they put you through with these tasks are often much more work that minimum wage is worth, especially when your time could be better spent on helping customers that do often get missed and neglected when these tasks are being done. It just seems a bit anti-productive to the message of "Depot Time" or the saying all associates are taught, and they're slogan of sorts "Building our business one customer as a time".

Advice to Senior ManagementRequire less tasking and more customer service, its preferable for the employee and more beneficial to the customers. Of course many tasks are necessary, but manage the time for them better and don't hop on an associate because they aren't working with a customer that very second. We aren't hiding from them..

Pretty Good Place to Work as a Territory Development Manager

Territory Development Manager (Former Employee) Burbank, CA

I worked at Office Depot full-time for more than a year

Pros: I worked for Office Depot BSD for 2 years in Burbank. It was a good experience. What made it a good experience… Cons: The biggest problem I had with the company was the car allowance. They used something called Runzstimer. After taxes … Advice to Senior Management: My manager was great...no complaints. As a matter of fact, all of the managers in the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A view from management

Department Manager (Former Employee) Issaquah, WA

I worked at Office Depot full-time for more than a year

Pros: Decent pay for managers, all associates are offered medical benefits Cons: Very shady corporate mentality on overtime. I have worked many hours of overtime as have several other managers and we never seem to get paid… Advice to Senior Management: Give the store management some more room to work. Pay us for the time we put in and dont be so afraid of one bad… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Office Depot.

Worked for Office Depot? Contribute to the Community!