Office Depot

Great

Former Employee - Intern
Former Employee - Intern

I worked at Office Depot as an intern

Pros

Really enjoy the atmosphere and experience working at corporate. Lots of opportunities.

Cons

The culture is a little slow and conservative, and they seem to be always playing catch up

1488 Other Employee Reviews for Office Depot (View Most Recent)

Just good people struggling to earn a living

Former Employee - SBT Manager in Garden Grove, CA
    Former Employee - SBT Manager in Garden Grove, CA

I worked at Office Depot full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

meet some nice people, learn how to survive

Cons

A few managers are excellent, but most are not. If you don't get a good one your life will be miserable. Short-term thinking is what it's all about. "Make bonus today, let the company burn tomorrow." This thinking goes all the way to the top especially with the merger we just went through.

Hopefully the new CEO will have the guts to turn the ship around and get rid of the management that is ruining the company because of their own greed.

Unrealistic Expectations

Former Employee - Tech Manager
    Former Employee - Tech Manager

I worked at Office Depot full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Coworkers if anything. If you have a good crew, it almost makes you forget how screwed up upper management is.

Cons

Upper management completely disregards those working at the store level. Advancement usually based on how well the district manager likes you, regardless of your job performance. Turnover is high, and did I mention that upper management does not give a flying flip about their retail employees. Pay sucks and yearly raises are not even cost of living. 1-1.5% at best. Had a whopping 65 cent raise total in almost 6 years. Staffing sucks to for wanting to have such an interactive customer service program.

Listen to and take care of your retail employees.Stop trying to micromanage stores from Florida. We have family's to, think about that when you are sleeping in on Black Friday while I am having to work from 4am to close at 9pm or even on Thanksgiving while you are enjoying your family. Give the store payroll to staff the stores so that I am not having to run with three employees during the busiest time of day. Let your managers manage.

There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot