Business Solutions Division is a great place to work

Former Employee - Territory Development Manager in Columbia, MD
Former Employee - Territory Development Manager in Columbia, MD

I worked at Office Depot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay.
Good training.
Corporate structure.
Good benefits

Cons

Your experience will be directly related to whom you are reporting. They have some excellent managers and some really bad managers. Unfortunately, I saw both during my long tenure at ODP.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great

Former Intern - Intern
    Former Intern - Intern

I worked at Office Depot as an intern

Pros

Really enjoy the atmosphere and experience working at corporate. Lots of opportunities.

Cons

The culture is a little slow and conservative, and they seem to be always playing catch up

Unrealistic Expectations

Former Employee - Tech Manager
    Former Employee - Tech Manager

I worked at Office Depot full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Coworkers if anything. If you have a good crew, it almost makes you forget how screwed up upper management is.

Cons

Upper management completely disregards those working at the store level. Advancement usually based on how well the district manager likes you, regardless of your job performance. Turnover is high, and did I mention that upper management does not give a flying flip about their retail employees. Pay sucks and yearly raises are not even cost of living. 1-1.5% at best. Had a whopping 65 cent raise total in almost 6 years. Staffing sucks to for wanting to have such an interactive customer service program.

Advice to Management

Listen to and take care of your retail employees.Stop trying to micromanage stores from Florida. We have family's to, think about that when you are sleeping in on Black Friday while I am having to work from 4am to close at 9pm or even on Thanksgiving while you are enjoying your family. Give the store payroll to staff the stores so that I am not having to run with three employees during the busiest time of day. Let your managers manage.