There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot

cashier

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Cashier in Chicago, IL

I worked at Office Depot full-time for more than a year

Pros

management was great, friendly, always willing to teach. They have a training program to help in advancement

Cons

hours. had to work irregular schedules, and had to work weekends. Employees were often teenagers with no work ethic. hiring practices should be reevaluated.

they should be more aware of what is being done by employees. they seemed to spend a lot of time in their offices

1399 Other Employee Reviews for Office Depot (View Most Recent)

Don't think OD is all roses

Former Employee - Senior Manager  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Office Depot full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good experience right out of college

Cons

Poor middle management leadership, opportunity to advance is not there. Once they have used you ..you are done!

Learn that middle management (Sr. Director positions associates) do not have the practical skills to manage and thinking that just college is the answer ..is poor understand of life is is. Also, work/life does not exist

Unrealistic Expectations

Former Employee - Tech Manager
    Former Employee - Tech Manager

I worked at Office Depot full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Coworkers if anything. If you have a good crew, it almost makes you forget how screwed up upper management is.

Cons

Upper management completely disregards those working at the store level. Advancement usually based on how well the district manager likes you, regardless of your job performance. Turnover is high, and did I mention that upper management does not give a flying flip about their retail employees. Pay sucks and yearly raises are not even cost of living. 1-1.5% at best. Had a whopping 65 cent raise total in almost 6 years. Staffing sucks to for wanting to have such an interactive customer service program.

Listen to and take care of your retail employees.Stop trying to micromanage stores from Florida. We have family's to, think about that when you are sleeping in on Black Friday while I am having to work from 4am to close at 9pm or even on Thanksgiving while you are enjoying your family. Give the store payroll to staff the stores so that I am not having to run with three employees during the busiest time of day. Let your managers manage.

There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot

Worked for Office Depot? Contribute to the Community!