There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot

Good place to get some experience, but don't look to move up.

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist-III in Baytown, TX
Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist-III in Baytown, TX

I worked at Office Depot

Pros

Fair commission payout, flexible work schedules (for part-time employees), good place to work while in school.

Cons

Low pay compared to other companies in the industry, no real room for advancement, marginal bonuses per year, promotion next to impossible from within the company, horrible support from district management

Advice to Management

Treat your employees, and more importantly your customers, with more respect and take the time to listen to the people on the sales floor and not just look at numbers and balance sheets. Be more willing to compensate your employees and reward those deserving with promotions.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

I have been working at Office Depot

Pros

Good place to work and grow

Cons

It's still retail hours...nights and weekends

Advice to Management

none

Office Depot Worker

Current Employee - Tech Associate, Stocker, Supplies Customer Service Representative in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at Office Depot

Pros

They give you time off when you need it. But the one I worked the senior manager was so anal anything you did right was wrong to her. Nothing was perfect!!!

Cons

We never got off work on time. We were overworked for no reason. We always did things at the last minute. They act like this job was our career like we got paid enough to do what we needed to do.

Advice to Management

You all need better management and stop being so anal. You all need better organization. Stop having sells where the product is not in the store. Customer come in ther all thei time disappointed where they want to buy something but you all dont have it in the store so you all lose sells.