There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot

FLEXIBILITY, MAKING MONEY, TERRIBLE BENEFITS!! OVERALL GOOD PLACE TO WORK

Current Employee - Account Manager II  in  Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Account Manager II in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Office Depot

Pros

Time in the day. It is very flexible hours. There have been times when I needed to do some personal things during the day but somehow I make those hours up. It makes me want to finish everything by the end of the day. It's also nice to be recognized when hard work is done.

Cons

goaling is off, benefits are terrible, excuses instead of work
I hate that we pay so much for our benefits and the only time that is helpful is if I break a leg or slip into a coma. Not to mention they took our sick pay from 6 weeks and put it down to one. If you have a baby, you get 5 days and 50% of your salary. Not to mention it doesn't seem fair that some people will work hard and when you rely on others to do their job to get your job done and they don't nothing is done about that. It is so hard to get fired from this job.

fix the goaling, make it equal work for equal pay, we pay way too much for the insurance we have.

1416 Other Employee Reviews for Office Depot (View Most Recent)

Work here in sales if you like just getting a salary and no more.

Former Employee - BDM1  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - BDM1 in New York, NY

I worked at Office Depot

Pros

Flexability in your work time.

Cons

Their comp plan was a joke. It would change many times not allowing you to get to your goals because they would change

You need to set up your sales team to achieve and not fail. You also need to do more marketing in NY and open more stores or you will never beat Staples

Service Profit Chain or Greed.

Current Employee - Program Manager  in  Delray Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Delray Beach, FL

I have been working at Office Depot

Pros

Location. South Florida is a great spot. Unfortunately the corporate retail and IT industry is thin here.

Cons

Current economic position is significantly impacting OD. In turn layoffs, lack of resources, increased responsibilities without compensation, are all leading to poor morale. For some years now the annual merit increases have resulted in raises that have not matched inflation. Financial quality of continues to decline at this rate.

Practice what you preach. They like to talk about the Service Profit Chain which begins with happy employees; in reality it feel more like greed in the upper levels is what drives the decisions and not the successes throughout.

There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot

Worked for Office Depot? Contribute to the Community!