There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot

FLEXIBILITY, MAKING MONEY, TERRIBLE BENEFITS!! OVERALL GOOD PLACE TO WORK

Current Employee - Account Manager II in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Account Manager II in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Office Depot

Pros

Time in the day. It is very flexible hours. There have been times when I needed to do some personal things during the day but somehow I make those hours up. It makes me want to finish everything by the end of the day. It's also nice to be recognized when hard work is done.

Cons

goaling is off, benefits are terrible, excuses instead of work
I hate that we pay so much for our benefits and the only time that is helpful is if I break a leg or slip into a coma. Not to mention they took our sick pay from 6 weeks and put it down to one. If you have a baby, you get 5 days and 50% of your salary. Not to mention it doesn't seem fair that some people will work hard and when you rely on others to do their job to get your job done and they don't nothing is done about that. It is so hard to get fired from this job.

fix the goaling, make it equal work for equal pay, we pay way too much for the insurance we have.

1450 Other Employee Reviews for Office Depot (View Most Recent)

Work here in sales if you like just getting a salary and no more.

Former Employee - BDM1 in New York, NY
    Former Employee - BDM1 in New York, NY

I worked at Office Depot

Pros

Flexability in your work time.

Cons

Their comp plan was a joke. It would change many times not allowing you to get to your goals because they would change

You need to set up your sales team to achieve and not fail. You also need to do more marketing in NY and open more stores or you will never beat Staples

Odland=ODP Demise

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Orange, CA

I have been working at Office Depot

Pros

great to work with the people & consumers. As far as retail goes not really a bad work schedule. Commissions on PPP's & services.

Cons

sr level management does not care for employees!benefit cuts,salary caps,payroll reduction not ype of long term growth plan in place...'shoot from the hip" management practices. Constant conference calls to dissect the issues. Not adeqaute enough hours to execute task and sales intiatives handed down by corporate office. Canvassing door to door like a Kirby salesman. Poor advertising stratedigies operatintng the business as if it were a yard sale. Pulling of the vending machines to make you buy snacks from the store to boost sales, very poor inventory control & replenishment processes.

look in the mirror & ask yourself are " Am I really proud of the job I have done?" Look at some of the major retailers and use their business models! be realistic in your expectations!

There are newer employer reviews for Office Depot